GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How much power do you need on an R32 GTS-4 to get the car faster around a track (like Spa) then you could do it with a standard R32 GTR?
By that means what setup would you chose to tune the RB25DET?
And what are the pros and cons of the more light GTS-4 4WD against the heavier GTR and Attesa? . . .

(regarding that both cars have the same wheels, tires and suspension)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
By that means what setup would you chose to tune the RB25DET?
The HNR32 is an RB20DET. Easiest thing to do is a straight RB26DETT swap, the 4.375 diffs in the HNR32 would make it a good car, but for Spa I think you'd be getting close to running out of revs. Maybe.

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The HNR32 is an RB20DET. Easiest thing to do is a straight RB26DETT swap, the 4.375 diffs in the HNR32 would make it a good car, but for Spa I think you'd be getting close to running out of revs. Maybe.
My fault dude, of course the RB20DET:chairshot
My last R32 GTS had around 400HP on the RB20DET, but the RWD was a bit drifty . . . so I would have loved to have that engine setup (minus turbo lag:p ) on a GTS-4

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I would think a nicely sorted HNR32 would be a really cool sleeper track weapon, if you can find a nice early series 1 shell with no door bars (look for all silver GT badges on the wings) you'll have nearly the lightest GTS shell to start with :)

With the 4.375's, a nice Step-II HKS 2.8, V-Cam and some 2530's it'd rock! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts