GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have already posted this over on SAU but thought its worth asking here too, as I know there are a number of knowledgeable folk here:p

Is there anyway to find out what colours they built Vspec II's in?? Perhaps with Nissan Fast? I have a copy but am not very good at finding my way around it.

The reason I ask is I'm looking to import a R32 V-spec II from Japan and am really keen on TH1 Dark Blue Pearl. I know its a very rare colour, rumours of around 300 built in total, but am happy to wait till one comes along, if they exist that is. I know there are V-spec's, but how about V-spec II's? There is no point in me waiting for one to pop up if they were never built to start with.:sadwavey:

Does anyone have build numbers of paint codes or have any idea how to find out? Or seen or heard of one in TH1?

Any help would be good :cool:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Why you're actually after a V-spec II??

Then only difference to a V-spec was just tire size (225 vs 245 on 17")...

...as most cars have already installed aftermarket wheel with another tire size anyway, where's the point??

Also V-spec being '93 and V-spec II being last of '94 bot are already series 3 models, so latest revision.

Also a standard V-spec is quite pointless if you're going for bigger power as still the Brembos are better than standard ones, for bigger power they are not the best option.

I'd look out for a nice TH1 car and mod it by yourself and additionally you'll also save the extra price for being a V-spec.

Cheers,

Leo

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Leo,

Why a Vspec II, because I want one! :chuckle:

I know there is almost no difference between the Vspec and the Vspec II, but I would like the latest one I can get.

As this point I am looking for a vehicle that is rare and original. I'm not looking to modify it, (they all say that!) so the Vspec Brembo's will be good enough with decent pads, lines etc.

If I end up getting bitten by the power bug, then I will add a BBK to the list. Any mods I do do will be mechanical, all original parts will be retained, so to be able to return it to stock one day.

So yes, a Vspec would do the job, but I want a Vspec II, (and I can get a personal plate to suit!):p

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
It is the rarest of the R32's, they only made 1303 of them, so will prob be one of the most sort after.

.......as for the colours, the only two V-Spec II's I have ever seen in the flesh were black, but there were other colours.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the rarest of the R32's, they only made 1303 of them, so will prob be one of the most sort after.

.......as for the colours, the only two V-Spec II's I have ever seen in the flesh were black, but there were other colours.
The Nismo (560) and N1 (228) are the rarest, but yes the Vspec's aren't far behind. Because of this I know they command a premium, one I'm happy to pay for what I want, even if it doesn't make any financial sense.

I've seen white, black, and silver ones on the web, none in real life though :rolleyes:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
The Nismo (560) and N1 (228) are the rarest, but yes the Vspec's aren't far behind. Because of this I know they command a premium, one I'm happy to pay for what I want, even if it doesn't make any financial sense.

I've seen white, black, and silver ones on the web, none in real life though :rolleyes:
I'd have thought that a nice, stock V-Spec II in excellent condition would be be one of the most likely R32s to go up in value if you kept it in the right manner.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

Haha! Funny when you miss one word out how much of a difference it makes......

Was spose to say "one of the rarest":thumbsup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd have thought that a nice, stock V-Spec II in excellent condition would be be one of the most likely R32s to go up in value if you kept it in the right manner.
I was thinking about the purchase price to parts value when I wrote that earlier.

I would hope the value goes up too, though resale value isn't high on my list, (I have to buy the thing yet!) and once I do this is my (affordable) Dream car. Hopefully I will have it till either we run out of oil, or I'm too old to drive it :smokin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts