GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We have an r32 gtr with rb26 from r33. it has quite a few mods, hks turbos, hks twin clutch, intake, exhaust 80mm, injectors, something done with ecu, etc.
The problem is, we can't touch the ecu, as it has been done in japan. but the car has been built from 3 engines, and now it's lean on every rpm band, on boost, on cruise. it looks like injectors are smaller than mapped to.

My questions is: how much mg ((miligrams), of course volumes mass) of air ONE cylinder should obtain at one stroke, on lets say cruising, idle, etc. any constants would be helpful.

other thing is it has different AFM's,

that car is such a mess, that we don't know where to start.
it would be alot easier if we could tune the ecu. but we can't, and changing to another one might be a solution, but the client doesn't want to go all expensive now.

Thanks or listening, help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
679 Posts
i was only asking as if it is a plug and play ecu then getting another one you can tune is a lot easier but if all the wires have been sliced and diced it may take a while to figure out the wiring to get a plug and play unit to work

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Didn't want to step on your feet, mate :) I get what you're saying though.

What I was trying to say, going cheap on the ECU with a wrong tune is never the right way. Do it right or don't do it at all :)

Marc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, thanks for the ideas.

But yes, it's not a cheap solution. the car came with that ecu form japan. cna't remmember now. anyeay. the car SHOULD run with it, it's just that the engine has been messed around with swapings, need to figure things out :nervous:

sorting mechanical/electronic troubles. then start giving hope on the ecu :chairshot

back to AFM, should afms' differ? engine is from r33. ecu also.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
It won`t mater what car the engine is from, an RB26 is an RB26.
I`d get an apexi power fc, if you pm davew he may be able to help.
By the way your customer is asking for trouble if he wants to sort out his car on the cheap.

·
Registered
372 Posts
my car was running dangerously lean untill i swapped my afm for a decent secondhand set.

shafted airflow meters definitely wont help things try getting a loan of another set of afm and see if the fueling changes

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Hi, thanks for the ideas.

But yes, it's not a cheap solution. the car came with that ecu form japan. cna't remmember now. anyeay. the car SHOULD run with it, it's just that the engine has been messed around with swapings, need to figure things out :nervous:

sorting mechanical/electronic troubles. then start giving hope on the ecu :chairshot

back to AFM, should afms' differ? engine is from r33. ecu also.
I think that R33 ECUs can be remapped. R32s certainly can. I believe R32/33 MAFs are the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts