GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trackscotland.co.uk :: View topic - Track R32 GTR - On Going Project

right... weight saving.

The car has already lost a fair bit of weight in the 1st year its been around. Air-con, interior etc.

There is still following to come out

rear steering rack, maybe 10kg
Some more sound deadening in the boot/rear - 5kg
Heaters - maybe 3-5kg (unsure of doing it though... its chilly in winter and hot in summer, some form of air and demisting is good)
windows - 10-16kg
GRP doors, or 'edited' standard doors, with electric windows and mirrors ditched (and cage door bars) - unsure of kg gain

anything else easy you can think of? The bonnet is already really light so not much to be gained if at all from a GRP/CF bonnet once you take its skeleton into account.

Speed holes will be planned, but later down the line once the balance of the car has been established etc

maybe i need to go on a diet too LOL Fee is about 6 stone lighter than me... 30kg or so... she should make that car shift

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
ah right, i just thought you had got rid of the carpet etc.

How much did the bitumen weigh? trying to rack my brains for anything else other than the heater matrix that weighs a lot.

What about the bootlid, is that particularly heavy on 32's?

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
oh right, i just thought it was bonnet and wings.

The biggest saving will be doors and windows i reckon.

Any ideas as to what i weighs now?

i've recently done pretty much the same on my 205 GTi, makes a bl00dy mahoosive difference, it must be around 850kg now. :)

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
You have done alot there mate.

Looks good

What oil cooler kit is that?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
i've just pulled front speakers, rear wiper and wing mirrors

craft square mirrors weigh 500 grams each, i think the standards are closer to 5 kgs, hoping that lot took me 15kgs or so in the right direction

doors are the next big step, i'm just sussing which way to go. seems a bit pointless putting all the junk back into grp doors, so i'd like to get them with perspex windows on a winder, if poss

can anyone supply the complete package?

gav

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
R33 GTR power steering pump is half the size of a 32 one (no rear bit like a 32) and if your gonna ditch the hicas you can make the swap, im doing just that as we speek! (well this weekend)
;)
bob

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
N1 lights are a wee bit lighter too.
:D

1 - 20 of 331 Posts