GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

Standard R32 gtr power steering pump, with rear section for hicas.
3 kg without any brackets.

R33 gtr power steering pump, which doesnt have the back bit as the hicas isnt hydrolic.
2.1 kg without any brackets.

The brackets that bolt onto the block are pretty much the same in weight, although you do need to use an R33 one to fit an R33 pump to an R32.
Also you need to bolt the bracket off the R32 one that the adjuster plate mounts to as the hydrolic guide at the top is at the wrong angle on the R33 one.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Their is so much to ge a r32 down on weight - once you start its never ending - take all the double skins off when you get really into it

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
True, but it can certainly benefit from a good wieght loss plan!
:D
bob

·
Registered
125 Posts
1430kg if it was made before 08/91 :)

It's those feminine curves I tell ya, if you were to stand a gtr on the tail lights and look at her, with those wide hips, and bountiful................bonnet.

:chuckle:

Other weight saving areas

-Remove stock shroud and fan clutch, replace with e-fan
-Roof lining, + Interior Light
-Stripped trunk (Ditch all the carpet and plastics)
-Stripping down the wiring harness to remove any wires that are for systems you removed or dont use (Hicas, Power Windows, etc)
-Light weight carpets (Not sure if you were making a stripped race interior or just trying to shed excess weight) (*editI guess taking a scraper and heat gun to the sound deadening answers that one, Scratch the carpet idea)
-Rear firewall plate, or replace with lighter weight alloy
-Fuel cell in boot to replace fuel tank (would make center of gravity a little higher)
-Carbon propshaft, Lightweight Flywheel, Forged Rims + Forged wheel nuts (= $$$$$) But think of all the unsprung weight, How much HP + response would something like this free up?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
This should be interesting Adam. I'm currently preparing mine for next year with minimum weight a real priority. It won't get any lighter than it is at the moment :D

Stuart,

It would be interesting to know how heavy your bare shell is before you start work on it!

Cheers

Hugh

·
Registered
125 Posts
ooo... what was the changes made between the two?

Mines an early one, (1990) so i hav ejust lost a few lbs :/

Yup, my interior is pretty much non existant, its never being reversed now.

Main change was side impact beams in the doors.

I don't recall everything that was changed, Mostly minor stuff, ie, Speedo made more efficient, hence why pre and post 08/91 speedo's don't interchange.

Is it track only, or daily driven if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
It's still road legal for now, but never gets driven on the road apart from the odd run to give it exercise or to events. Prob going to take it off the road early 2008 once the power is upped a tad, and the ride is even less comprimised

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Good idea Hugh. I'll do that as soon as possible and let everyone know.
Thanks Stuart.

I have recently been pondering what suspension to get for my car and need to know the front and rear axle weights of a totally stripped but on the road R32 GTR.

Does anyone have the axle weights available?

Cheers

Hugh

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Posted by tarmac terror on another thread refering to the Aircon:-
"The pump, bracket, condenser, pipes etc came to about 25kgs with the pump being AT LEAST 19kg of that IIRC.

Hope thats useful to you mate

TT"

·
Registered
961 Posts
Just weighed a 17x9 TE37 with a Bridgestone 255x40x17 fitted, whole lot.........including the air:chuckle: ............... 20 KG. Heavier than i was expecting, the tyre was just over 12KG of this, interesting to know how tyre's of different makes but similar sizes differ in weight, anyone got a few odd ones kicking around to weigh?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The following you are welcome to copy from my drift car.

• Boot floor removed (cross brace added and panelled in carbon)
  • Bonnet internal bracing removed (i.e just outer skin kept)
  • Doors stripped to remove door bars, electric windows and most of internal metal work
  • Boot internal bracing removed (i.e just outer skin kept)
  • All glass except front replaced with Lexan
  • All surplus internal metal work, ie Handbrake mountings, rear parcel shelf, air bag ecu brackets ect
In my opinion it is a false economy removing the heater, as you are bound to have one wet or damp event and if the screen mists up you will be cursing not having one.

41 - 60 of 331 Posts