GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay most people know of my ever long going GTR build

so i decided to go look a r32 Advertised locally to me

im undecided on what to do as i dont want another money pit, just something cool i can use and then sell after time and have my money returned.

it has some faults

apparently the car was over boosting to 2bar, so they had the controller switch or turned off so not boost at all now. im guessing this could be down to the greddy solenoid?

water/oil gauges not working

theres a slight rumble on drive feels like a drive shaft

bodywork is okay, alot of stone chips and the passenger door dosent shut flush, but the underside is mint.

on the plus side its had uprated turbos with HKS actuators

also front brembos - so possibly v-spec ?

think i can grab it for 6k - what does anyone else think?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Steer clear if you already have one project, find a mint one so it will be easy to re-sell.

Paintwork is a bitch unless you own a spray shop or have some good friends :)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Have you heard it running ? Over boosting to 2bar will almost certainly have cooked the ring lands unless it's forged but still I'd be inclined to comp test it...

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i went out in it sounded fine, tho i had no money on me so "if" i agreed to buy it i would carry out a compression test.

its not forged

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Walk away if it's stock internals the ring lands will be cooked

I gave £4600 for mine with ring lands gone and it had some nice mods on too so it's over priced if you ask me

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont think the rings have gone, it might of been an over exaggeration on behalf of the seller's friend, that it was over boosting to 2 bar.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Mine drove ok and idled ok at first I thought could it be exhaust valves or head gasket jaffed it was only when I took it apart that the piston came apart in my hand when trying to remove the rings

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
think i can grab it for 6k - what does anyone else think?
Sounds to me like another possible money pit Mr Calibrat! If it was a simple fix, Then why wouldn't the current Owner do it and get a better price for his Motor??

Remember to use you're head and that there is no such thing as a cheap Skyline, The old saying goes :- Buy cheap....BUY TWICE!!!

JM2PW!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts