GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Replaced my EP3 with an R32 GTR back in October and have only just got round to posting some pics.

Some important basics:

Nissan Skyline R32 GTR
633.4bhp

Thats all :p

Check out the speedo :clap:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about the speedo?

nice 32

id pop a TS front bumper on it :)
That was mainly for the other forum I posted it on, not quite the same on a GTR forum where everyone has the same(ish).

Needs a re-map first, followed by ditching the ohlins and those abflugs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice 32. Why are you ditching the Öhlins suspension?
They're only height adjustable and I figure for the money they're probably worth second hand I could get a set of the BC coilovers which are more adjustable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you would be stupid to ditch those coilovers
Can you please enlighten me as to why?

My thought process went something like this - no adjustment in the ohlins which would be worth a fair bit that would enable me to buy some BC ones which are exceptional value for money with significantly more adjustment enabling me to get the car set up for me.

·
Registered
893 Posts
They're only height adjustable and I figure for the money they're probably worth second hand I could get a set of the BC coilovers which are more adjustable.
That's fair enough. What are your plans for the car if you wish to change to a set up with adjustable damping, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's fair enough. What are your plans for the car if you wish to change to a set up with adjustable damping, if you don't mind me asking?
The ohlins are too hard for normal road use IMO, however id like the car for fast road and the occasional track session, with the BC's I can utilise the adjustment to achieve both settings, whereas with the ohlins im stuck on hard.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The ohlins are too hard for normal road use IMO, however id like the car for fast road and the occasional track session, with the BC's I can utilise the adjustment to achieve both settings, whereas with the ohlins im stuck on hard.
Yeah I can appreciate where you're coming from. My cousin had an Öhlins set up on his Supra and it was very hard. I'd imagine that it'd be awesome on track, but it wasn't ideal on UK roads. He ended up doing similar to what you're proposing, and sold the Öhlins set up, although he then purchased HSD Coilovers and hasn't looked back since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.