GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys........Looking to buy a R32 GTR if anyone knows bout any, I will av the cash bout 3 weeks.....made a nice earner on me house so y not buy a GTR....1 more thing, Insurance.....carnt seem 2 get a decent quote off anyone.......Chris

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Hi. How old are you and how much no claims do you have. E.g. R32 GTR 400 bhp (30% power increase), 35 year old, full no claims = £1250 priviledge. Due for renewal in June.
Younger than that or less no claim...good luck. Insurance companies don't like imports that have been modified. All R32's are imports for start and most are modified:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
R32

I can point you in the direction of a 32
havent seen it but it is apparently a minta
Janspeed r32
reported 500 plus bhp maintained by Janspeed and then
Middlehurst
in the last 1500 mls had Middlehurst rebuilt engine and gear box
the chap wants
16000k reported imaculate one owner car
chap can be contacted at
[email protected]
Gary
GT-ART
my good deed for the day:D

·
Registered
534 Posts
R32

There's also a nice black one which came to a recent Grasshopper meeting, and I'm waiting for the chap to Email me with details so I can post it up on the for sale ....

·
Registered
719 Posts
I could have been persuaded to part with mine now that Spudgun's R33 is back up for sale but I doubt you'd be able to insure it. Good insurance contacts are Adrian Flux and Competition Car Insurance in Notts. are very competitive.

Talat.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
R32

I bought a R32 GTR in Tokyo on Wednesday, will be in UK 1.5 months time, completely standard, Gunmetal, will be G reg.
R33 Seats otherwise standard.

Will ask for £ 9500ish when it arrives.

Have pictures if you want them.

Dirk.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Insurance

I'm 23 and have got insured on my modded R32 for just under 2k.
Mods include Veilside kit, alloys, single turbo conversion, bigger intercooler and all the other sort of stuff. This was with Adrian Flux, ive got 4 years no claims and an sp 30 on my license.

Hope this helps

Luke

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That's a very good quote Luke.

I think because the car is getting older it also makes it cheaper to insure . Some companies insure them as 'classic' cars when over 10 years old !

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Insurance

Paul,

The only downsides were they wouldn't protect my no claims and would't value it for more than 10k but hardly anywhere else would either.

It's also not bad when you compare it to the 1300 pounds it costs to insure my sunny third party fire and theft... none of the insurance companies liked the roll cage
Luke:D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
No claims bonus ,

Luke can't be protected unlesss you attain full no claims , which takes 5 or 6 years I think !

Have you declared ALL the mods ?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
No claims

Paul,

As far as i'm aware 4 years is full coz Tesco's protected them on my sunny.

As for the mods ive declared everything I know of.

Luke

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On the subject of insurance {sigh} there must be a company out there for say light users or limited millage, that sort of thing, something similar to a classic policy, by the way i`m 37, full protected no claims......not bad for an ex rally luney.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts