GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone just after abit of advice, had abit of an encounter with a curb in my gts-4 (i was actually being sensible , i think i lost it on some diesel) anyway i hit with the passengers side rear wheel, the wheel is fine small amount of curb rash but its in rely good shape. I wasn't more than 20mph tap but obviously things are going to bend.... After abit of an inspection the bottom arm was definitely buggered along with the drop link, i have replaced the wishbones with japspeed adjustable stuff and a pair of polybush drop links. Dropped the car on the deck and i still have positive camber. Im thinking the top arms may have stretched ??? there isn't much visible damage that i can see apart from where the wishbone has lifted the plate over the top of the bottom wishbone mounts. All in all im thinking drop the rear frame and replace it along with replacing arms etc (probs with adjustable ones since the bushes are 20 odd year old anyway)

My question is what parts do i need for the gts4 , do i buy gtr rear subframe? or gts and all the arms are they gts or gtr ??? or can i use either... the bottom arms ive fitted are japspeed and said on there description non gtr.

The plan is take the car off the road over winter and drop and rebuild a new frame for it i just need to know what bits i need. Also repair a small hole ive found in the inner arch/sill

currently there is a full rear subframw ith all arms and a hicas lock out bar for a gtr on ebay for 250, also hubs are on but missing the bearing carriers. I think my passangers bearing is ****ed after the bump its noisy now . also could my hub be bent ???

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Take a good look at the hub/upright mate. Right where the lower arm ball joint bolts to it. I have once slapped a kerb and bent the upright. It was quite hard to stop as well.

Unlikely the camber and traction arms have 'stretched' as such.

Sub frame may have bent though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill check that out when i strip it down mate thanks.

Ive got a pair of japspeed lower arms, new superpro drop links and a subframe (which i need to clean up paint/powdercoat and bush up. Hopefully this will get my somewere. Ive put the bottom arms on and its made a hell of a difference with the old ones being badly bent but it still isnt 100% , subframe looks lightly bent to me so hopefully its that. Hicas will be going in the bin while the frames out also so will rule out that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts