GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all...

Whilst my Skyline is in the post (another 6-7 weeks before delivery - bugger) I am interested to know what can be done given certain restrictions... it is an R32 GTS-t, fitted with the 2.0 single turbo as I am sure you know ;) so here goes....

Anyway, I suppose filter and exhaust are first, presumably HKS are the done thing?

What boost can I run on standard fueling/turbo/pistons, and with the above mods any estimates on power?

What gives first on the above, presumably fueling can be increased a little to give more boost on standard internals (I heard these things are strong...)

Is there any benefit (can it be done even), in fitting a T28 from a Pulsar as I understand this is slighly bigger?

Can standard breakes/clutch/gearbox handle all the above?

A lot of questions I know, I guess the jist of it is I would like to know the max I can goto without putting in forged pistons and mahooosive turbo and lunching the gearbox....

Cheers all
Pad.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello mate...i'm currently building up a gts-t rb20det so if its any help heres what i've done so far.

hks down pipe
full free flowing one-off stainless cat free exhaust system
hks super power flow air filter
md developments chip
boost set to 14psi

and thats as far as you can go on the standard ceramic turbo and gives.
[email protected]@engine
[email protected]
torque is 224lbs/ft

I've just taken delivery today of a garret/turbonetics T04B turbo so i'll let you know what had to be done to fit it and how far the standard intercooler, clutch, injectors, fuel pump can be pushed and what i replaced them with once i've spoken to my tuner.

well hope that was of some use....:)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice one mate,

appreciate the advice. I guess the turbo is the first thing that needs replacing then if you want bigger power then...

Let us know how it goes then.

Laters,
Pad

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Pad - stop talking about skylines coz you're making me jealous !! :D

Only joking mate ! Just make sure you take me out in the new toy when you've got used to it !

Seeyou at a future meet mate.

Happy tuning !

Daz

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still wont be able to keep up with your beast even if I tuned the nads off it!!!!

You dont fancy chopping yours in then? I managed to get £5500 for my Pulsar (which was clean but standard) and am payin over a grand less for the new one so quids in.....

go on, you know you want to...:D

Laters,
Pad

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
gtirpad said:
Still wont be able to keep up with your beast even if I tuned the nads off it!!!!

You dont fancy chopping yours in then? I managed to get £5500 for my Pulsar (which was clean but standard) and am payin over a grand less for the new one so quids in.....

go on, you know you want to...:D

Laters,
Pad
Re: chopping mine in.....

....you never know mate, you never know :D

Seeya soon
Daz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts