GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right well here's a brief intro for this car I've been working on relentlessly for the last 10 months. I bought the car as a pretty standard and tatty GTS n/a back in November last year for the princely sum of £500 with the idea of turning it into a cheap drift car to learn in and to experience drifting at a cheap entry level. One thing lead to another and the car was completely gutted and reduced to a bare shell which was then fully caged with a custom weld in cage made by OwensFabrication in conjunction with four tubes supplied by DME Motorsport. The engine has been swapped out in favour of a lighter SR20 which will become a stroked SR22 to produce more torque lower down the rev-range. The front suspension geometry has been replaced by a macpherson strut arrangement using S13 coilovers mounted to a relocated strut top and enlarged GT style inner arches or tubs. There's a lot yet to be done on this car but I'm hoping that the shell and the Bee*R R324 bodykit will be ready for paint towards the middle of November ready for it to be final assembled to be ready to drive early in 2007. Anyway, enough babble, it was a nice day today and I decided to roll the car outside into the sun for the first time since last November. My dad needed to use his garage so it would have been rude not to take a few photos of the car. If anyone is interested in the car build there is a comprehensive build thread over on Driftworks which documents pretty much everything that's been done to the car so far.

The last picture is a photoshopped photo of the Bee*R R324 kit which has custom front headlights to replace the (rather expensive) BNR34 headlights and a set of Work Emotion XD9 rims. Purely done as a preliminary check to see whether the lights and rims suit the car, I'm not totally convinced with the rims yet but we shall see where my fancy takes me when the time comes to buy a set for the car! :)

I hope anyone who's read this enjoyed it, any questions, queries, or criticisms please let them be known lol :)

Bryn.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Been reading your updates on SOC bud. You are putting allot of work into the car and well done! I am looking forward to seeing it next year & having a go lol

it is worth a read through the build as it's very impresive!

·
6,821 Posts
Dude great project, I was allready thinking that it would have been nice to put the BEE-R324 kit on a r32 GTS.
I am looking forward for the final pics.

That looks like an ATOM with roof::p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts