GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My name is Christian and I’m a new here. I live in Seychelles and here we’ve only got 2 Skylines, A R34 V-Spec putting out about 1000BHP and a stock R32 GTS25 TypeX.
I would import a used car from Japan but can't as used cars have been banned here.
So I wanted to get the R32 and convert it as close as possible to a GTR v-spec2.
Parts will not be a problem for me as I have contacts in Singapore and Japan.
What will I need to do this conversion??
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
RB26DETT engine and transmission, obviously. Brembo brakes, not too hard to find R33 sets. A bodykit to get your fender flares. The tricky part, so far as I can see it, is putting in 4WD - the GTR has an extra bulge in the floorpan on the drivers side to accomodate the driveshaft going to the front.

I don't think it's entirely impossible - just consider that the car will have to me more of "your-own-spec" versus replicating a "V-spec"...which is a lot more fun and individualistic anyways. Also, you're going to need so many GTR parts that you'll virtually need a donor car to strip overseas, then sent to you in pieces.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer kismetcapitan.I'm looking into a donor car now.
Is the RB26DETT a drop in or does the mounts have to be changed??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
List of what I need:

RB26DETT with ECU, gearbox, harness, intercooler, radiator,
Brembo brakes
17" BBS wheels with 245/45ZR17 POTENZA RE010 tires
aluminum front guards and bonnet.
flared front and rear wheel arches
R33 GTR seats and brackets
Replace clock with instrument cluster with torque meter, oil temp, voltage and turbo boost gauges
multi-link suspension front and rear
GT-R wing and badges
GTR dashboard

Missing anything??

With regards to the 4WD, should I remove the floor pan from the donor GTR and weld it to the GTS or would it be easier to make the bulge for the driveshaft going to the front??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts