GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Forum,

Newbie owner, just payed my deposit to Rexis Imports Ltd for a 1991 R32 GTS4!

Hopefully I'll win that ol' auction and be a fellow skyliner in a few weeks!

I wonder what MattPayne will say!?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi ya there,

Just out of interest;) how much are you paying????

IF u dont mind me asking that is?

O and welcome to the threads!!!

Si:D

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Si: I'm set at 300,000 Yen limit, but my purchaser doesnt think it'll even go as high as that, its got 100,000km up it so he's confident it'll be pretty cheap.

Matt: You know where I am dude - Walton-On-Naze! Atleast I know how the fuel pumps come out of R32's now eh?

Dan

·
Registered
992 Posts
GTS-T4

Danoh,
Just watch out for the admin costs!!, I have know dealers in auctions ask for not only the auction price, but also delivery to port costs, Japanese customs and Admin charges anything up to 90,000yen(£500) on top of the car price. Not to put a dampner on things, just making you aware. I was going to do something similar the car was £1,500 then another £500 internal costs, then shipping to UK approx £500, VAT and Duty around £450, clearance charges £75. so total amount around £3,000 then theres costs to get the car through the MOT (You will be ok with 1991 car no SVA). Just thought you should be made aware. The costs soon mount up.

PaulP.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paul,

Thank you for the heads up on costs, my budget was set as an FOB budget, so all my costs are included in it (thankfully) so all I have on top is shipping and duties at the UK end...

Thats your R32 on eBay isnt it?

Dan

·
Registered
992 Posts
GTS-T4

Danoh,
Yes my car on Ebay, Findit.co.uk and also Autotrader, Looks like 4 door Skylines aren't that popular, Only had a couple of calls, mostly time wasters. They are fine until you come to sell them. Good price I thought but obviously not!!!!!!!.

PaulP.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had notification from Richard at Rexis imports, I won the auction, so the GTS4 is mine for less than 300,000!! I get some pics and a final invoice tomorrow... Looks like this might really happen!!

I'll update my avatar as soon as I get a pic - kind of a good luck charm to will it over from Japan unharmed!

Good luck with your sale Paul, I didnt think the price was unreasonable myself...

·
Registered
992 Posts
GTS-T4

Danoh,
Great news chap, I am sure it will get here fine, Its fairly unusual for them to get damaged, Do you get any guarantee with the car, Do regis actually import the car for you?. If you need a good clearing agent let me know I know a brilliant guy who does this for £45. Still no luck with the sale yet, but guess it's early days.

Hope all goes well for you, lets see the pics asoon as possible, If it's over 10 years old you won't need a SVA test.

PaulP.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paul,

Yep rexis are going to import the car too. I have a dumb question too ... whats a clearing agent, and why do I need one?

Dan

·
Registered
992 Posts
GTS-T4

Danoh,
A clearing agent wil get the car through Customs and pay the duty and Vat on your behalf. Saves you the haslle of doing it all yourself. Any news on your new purchase yet. Bet you can't wait, A month to get here seems like an eternity!!.

PaulP.

·
Registered
992 Posts
GTS-T4

Danoh,
What age are you if you don't mind me asking?. Insurance is going to be a killer!. I am 43 and for mine it costs an arm and a leg.

PaulP.

PM me if you don't want to divulge your age!!!!.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Paul,

Why would it be a hasstle for me to pay the VAT and duty myself? Is there something else about paying that I dont know?

I'm 26, and yep, the insurance is going to be a killer.

Dan

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Insurance

Paul,

Just got an insurance quote, I think its excellent myself, but may seem expensive to you...

1991 GTS4, Single Turbo 2.0. Its with A-Plan, Fully-Comp SDP with no Business use, £450 Excess with a Cat1, 26Y/O, 11k miles per year.... Have a guess ladies and gentlemen.... £985!!! What a result!

I dont think thats unreasonable, maybe this Skyline wont be such a nightmare afterall!

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts