GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new to all things skyline and was wondering how much it costs to run a GTSt. Could someone give me a estimate on petrol consumption (mpg) and rough insurance prices for a bog standard one ??????????

thank you very much in advance :)

phrozen

·
Registered
905 Posts
Really Depends on How old you are with the Insurance, We pay 500 ish for the R32 and 700 for the R33, running costs dont ask me cause mines and auto and it loves its optimax!!!

Si

·
Registered
389 Posts
i once got 400 miles out of £42 of fuel but that was only once and mostly motorway miles, the car get nothing like that now..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnx

thanks to all the guys who posted a reply :)

appreciate it !!

phrozen

·
Registered
805 Posts
MPG

With 'mild' tune expect to get 20-25MPG, with a mix of driving (>10MPG on track), insrurance £500 (for 45+, rural, 65%+ NCD) to thousand's for young bad boys living in town :D

RonS

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks RonS,

it'l be 44 in a good area, with 100% NCD :) who do you guys insure with ?

with bog standard cars, which will do a greater mpg - the 2.0 T or the 2.5 non turbo ?

thanks again guys :)

phrozen

·
Registered
344 Posts
anything with a turbo is likely to juice it more than something without... you are basically forcing the air/fuel mixture to burn more quickly. I think the turbo has about 20-30hp more than the 2.5 so again, more likely to burn more fuel.

And do you know what? I cannot bloody wait till mine comes, 20mpg or not!!! ;)

I use Adrian Flux for insurance btw - with your background, I doubt insurance will be more than £5-600. Mines about £750 in a build up area and I'm 28 (100%NCB)

Hope this helps and hope you get one!

Laters,
Pad

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks mate, yes it did help :)

i like the 'urgency' of a turbo, it feels fast :)

but 20mpg is quite low :( i used to have a knakard SAAB 9000 turbo 16, which did about 18/19 mpg and i was payin out £60 a week on petrol - im not made of money !!

but a skyline wuld b amazin !! im lookin for a new car around/after christmas, and i want something faster than my mazda 323 !! my son loves skylines and has me hooked too ! (im using his account now..he reaaally wants me to get one ! )

im just looking through what options i have, and the skyline cropped up......

how much do general parts cost like eg. standard exhaust, clutch ??

thanks

phrozen

·
Registered
344 Posts
there are plenty of people that know a damn sight more than me about GTSt's on this forum, but heres my 2p worth... please correct me if I am wrong guys.

I would have thought that a standard exhaust is pretty hard to get a hold of, hence most replace with HKS items which are about £5-600. No idea about clutches....

If you concerned about running costs, then maybe having a cheapo second car may be an option. I am considering this, you could probably add it onto your insurance TPFT for peanuts and keep the mileage down and condition up on the Skyline.

If you are interested in buying costs, my '92 manual (57K miles) is costing me £4350 bought from auction in Japan. This includes all taxes, fees and 12 months MOT/6 months tax. I am budgeting £500-£1000 to put security on and have a full service inc. cambelt when it gets here. The only bummer is the wait.... been 7 weeks now!

Other options? Well, I thought about a 300ZX TT, but reckon the running costs would be even higher and not as reliable, same with an RX7 and try getting one of those for £4K. Besides which, when someone asks you what car youve got, you can say 'Skyline' and get instant respect ;) (no need to mention that its a baby one!)

laters,
Pad

All in all, I reckon its a lot of car for the money.

·
Registered
805 Posts
phrozen,

> it'l be 44 in a good area, with 100% NCD

100% NCD... umm !! that'll be nothing, no matter what the cost :D, I'd like some of that too :)

RonS

·
Registered
905 Posts
OOOOOO RX -7 and Running cost ARRRRRGGGHHH

Somewhere in the region of 10 to 15 mpg!!!!!! NO No No!!!!

Missis get load of MPG from here Non Turboed 2.0 Skyline, but they are like rocking horse s..t here, she reckons about 520k for 42 quid......that aint too bad!!!

Si

·
Registered
515 Posts
My car

Depending on what happens this weekend (i.e. If I buy a new car or not) I'll acept £3K for my Skyline!!!! I must go. But only if I buy this GTR!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
driftaholic thank you very much for your offer, and i would love to accept it, but i am going to New York on the 18th Dec. Im taking the family which means i need a lot of cash spare, thats why i was looking for a car just after christmas......(im assuming my kids still leave me some money ;))

thanks

phrozen

·
Registered
515 Posts
Phrozen

Kids and money don't mix! :)

Let me know if you want a drive in my car. I'm only up the M40! I live in Buckingham which is off junction 10. If you fancy a drive in my car just tell me!

James

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

but atm i have to pack, goto my nephews house "christening" (im indian ;)...close as i can get to a translation !) and my sister-in-law just had a baby boy, so i got to buy stuff etc..

if only life was simple !!

phrozen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts