GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive done a little bit of research due to i work over 13 hours a day so i really dont have the time atm to do to mch research ... anyway i just have bought a 1992 gtst has hks exhaust,blits boost controller, blits turbo timer, hks ssqv bov, huge front mount intercooler, anyway i wanna get a littlemore power out of the rb20 untill i swap a rb26 into it i wanna upgrade the turbo iv seen ppl say to get a turb off a r33 or a gt30 to gt35 i wanna get around 300hp+ what do u guys think??

thanks...

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Assuming what you have is healthy, you will be limited by fueling, you will be running rich if you turn up the boost, but with a well setup Apexi S-AFC or similar, you should then see around 275fwhp at 0.9bar.

At 1bar you may even see 300 on a generous dyno. But the ceramic turbo won't last long.

You will get a little more from the RB25 turbo but it is a little more laggy.

For more than 300fwhp (geniune) you really need your turbo rebuilt in steel, a tunable ecu (something like Nistune would be fine), some bigger injectors and a fuel pump.

there's a great thread on skylinesaustralia.com with dyno plots for all sorts of level of tune for the RB20.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know ill be gettin new fuel pump lines intake and injectors also i just wanna know what turbo i should run

1 - 3 of 3 Posts