GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to convert my headlight back to standard bulbs from HID's.

I have N1 type lights and according to the bulb guide on here need H4 type bulbs.

My question concerns the bulb holders. Will a generic holder from say Halfords do, like in the link, or do I need a specific nissan part?

Halfords Ireland | Halfords H4 Bulb Holder HEF367

·
Registered
509 Posts
All the wireing should still be on your car as u do not cut anything to fit aftermarket hids

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
I need to convert my headlight back to standard bulbs from HID's.

I have N1 type lights and according to the bulb guide on here need H4 type bulbs.

My question concerns the bulb holders. Will a generic holder from say Halfords do, like in the link, or do I need a specific nissan part?

Halfords Ireland | Halfords H4 Bulb Holder HEF367
The linked item is a piece of wiring loom Ali. Most likely if you have a HID kit fitted it will be plugged into the loom on the car.

Here's a random pic:

If you look in the bottom right of the pic next to the black box is the male version of the three pin connector (that would plug into the loom). Chances are you can just unplug the HID stuff.

FYI there should be a separate pair of wires (beyond the three pin connector) going directly to the battery and earth.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Speedr33per.

Hi Cris, thanks for the detailed explanation. I'll have to go searching when I next go to see the car. I'll be a happy man if it's that easy because I may be able to retain the HID's and just put normal bulbs in for the NCT - Irish MOT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts