GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you Guys with R32's get your headlight bulbs sorted??

One of mine has just gone.. Just wondering if you guys managed to sorce one??

Has anyone else been quoted £35 to do a part no. look up for imports from a UK Nissan Dealer.

The Worthing branch is now charging??

Is this country wide?

Malc

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
if you're talking about the early "projector" dipped-beam bulbs, any H3C bulb will fit, but they're pretty much impossible to obtain in Europe.

The Nissan part number for the standard bulbs (which are useless) is AY080-10019.

PIAA do uprated replacement bulbs for £40 a pair, but apparently the quality isn't great. I got some Koito Whitebeam VII bulbs from Japan - they're much brighter than the stock ones.

Phil

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Ordered them from a Japanese website (with the help of Babelfish) and got them delivered to a work colleague in the Tokyo office. Then over to me via the work internal courier service - in the car a week after ordering them...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Phillip

How did you get the brighter bulbs, through anyone we know??

Malc

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much??

Were they expensive and could you be really friendly and do it for a couple of other R32 fans..

Malc

Are you going to the Grasshopper Meet??

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Would love to bring more stuff across like that, but they got held up by customs as they weren't "Printed Matter". Don't think he wants more hassle from the customs guy - I'll have a word. Think they cost about £20.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Malc,

The Surcharge thing is country wide by the look of it, and not just for a part lookup, as my local dealer tried to charge me 25 quid when I asked for 300ZX parts by part nº.

From the SDU forum, it appears that the charge varies, one person quoting 15 quid, but I the official line is 25 + vat.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Nissan charges

I enquired of Cambridge Nissan for dust covers for front disc brakes pistons for a ZX 300 and was given a price OK. Further discussion revealed that if an enquiry was made through Nissan for a grey import details then a charge of £25 would be made!I too was a little shocked but it appears that this is now a common practice!

Regards,

Ross.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts