GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

After doing this mod and testing it for some weeks in summer, I thought I would write a DIY for all guys who want to do the same.

As it says in the DIY, there ARE several ways of doing it, but I think that my way has more pros than cons.

Have fun!

P.S. not taking any responsibility for any damages ;)

2.95MB Pdf file for download.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/52uqri

Cheers,
RoB

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Rob, that's the best I can do, sorry the wiring diagram is upside down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys!

After doing this mod and testing it for some weeks in summer, I thought I would write a DIY for all guys who want to do the same.

As it says in the DIY, there ARE several ways of doing it, but I think that my way has more pros than cons.

Have fun!

P.S. not taking any responsibility for any damages ;)

Cheers,
RoB
Hi RoB

This is a great DIY. Just one question: What type/size diode are you using?

Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used the 1N5404G diode which is good up to 300V.
Only used this as a whole set of them cost 1.5***8364; (10pcs) and only one would cost 0.30***8364;. It's always good to have some spare for other projects :)
Otherwise I would have used something which has at least 12V rating. :)

Cheers

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Relay 1 control pin 86 should go to LS7 which is low beam not LS6 as indicated and relay 2 pin 86 should go to LS6 - high beam.

Currently working on a design, slightly different from this so will test and post in due course.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi!

As it seems there was a small mistake in the shematics. Thanks to the electrician who found out! Here's the updated version:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6mdhry

Attached the picture of the correction.

@dj_cruz00: if You're going to write a review, could You please make a new topic to keep this one related only to this topic? Thanks.

BR
RoB

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts