GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
aren't these manufactured by a company already? But anyways, yes, I'm interested, add me to the list.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are yes, but these look a lot better, lots more LED's and smaller spaces inbetween.

1) Snowfiend
2) Kismetcapitan
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
aren't these manufactured by a company already?
They are is the only answer.
But, have a look at what you get for your money:confused:

As for the R33 units I designed (just a hobby), there are 656 LED's in total - that's a tad more than the 48 you get in the 'Euro' style lights;)
This includes Side Lights/Brake Lights/Indicators/Reverse Lights and Fog Lights all in LED's!

There's a lot of photos in the link Snowfiend posted if anyone is interested.

Matt.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Matt I sent you a pm mate.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
yes!! exactly - lots of LEDs, just what I want. The 12 per light was just not doing it for me.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
will these include the center turn indicators in yellow?

I'll have to go with the DIY kit - I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron (I've done a lot of custom electric guitar circuits), and I'm in Korea, so trade in will take forever and a day!

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
will these include the center turn indicators in yellow?

I'll have to go with the DIY kit - I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron (I've done a lot of custom electric guitar circuits), and I'm in Korea, so trade in will take forever and a day!
You can have whatever design you want basically....
I'd have to split a set down to see what's the best option for spacing etc but colours and placing isn't a problem.

They DIY Kit will be installing the pre populated manufactured boards, no soldering required - you will have to split your own cluster apart and replace the internal with the PCB's and modify the connections basically.
Original main connection remains so the unit will be 'plug and play' type when complete.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Nice idea ...

1) Snowfiend
2) Kismetcapitan
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)Bajie

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm interested only have to sort somthing out to send some lights to the uk.

1) Snowfiend
2) Kismetcapitan
3) redsub
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)Bajie

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Im interested if it will be made in a short timescale and the prototype looks similar to the design and as quality as you did on the 33's ones...

I think that these will sell like hotcakes once people see them fitted to a car with night and day pics. So get making them up !

Pete (plkettle)

1) Snowfiend
2) Kismetcapitan
3) redsub
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)Plkettle
10)Bajie

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
im also interested in these :

1) Snowfiend
2) Kismetcapitan
3) redsub
4) jamesbilluk
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)Plkettle
10)Bajie

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
will these be significantly brighter than the stock units? I'm primarily interested in updating a 15 year old car to modern lighting technology (as I did with the HID headlights), but added brightness and safety is a good thing as well.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
What price range would they likely to be going for, with regards to both DIY and fitted?

Also, when I was looking at the 33 ones, an idea came to mind I thought I'd suggest (If Matt J is seeing this). As an option on those 33 ones, the indicator LED's could perhaps be laid out in their rows as arrows, so they'd point to whatever side was illuminated.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
What price range would they likely to be going for, with regards to both DIY and fitted?
To produce 10 sets will cost around £175 for a DIY kit and £225 fitted - this is because the design and tooling costs are the most expensive parts.
The more interest, the cheaper they become ;)

Also, when I was looking at the 33 ones, an idea came to mind I thought I'd suggest (If Matt J is seeing this). As an option on those 33 ones, the indicator LED's could perhaps be laid out in their rows as arrows, so they'd point to whatever side was illuminated.
It's only a matter of changing the design of the Indicator PCB - It's a time consuming job but easyily done. All depends what you want, but it affects the price, as someone has to pay for the artwork etc....

As for the question regarding the final quality, the company who are making the R33 sets produce something 'similar' for a well know uniformed group ;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts