GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 92 gtr is suffering the common sill and rear arch problems :( what are my options ? Passenger side sill is shot, front is patched up badly the rear is missing !!! Drivers side isn't much better. Both arches are bubbling badly. Shame engine and gearbox are running sweet. I am in Northern Ireland Belfast area.
Is it possible to get original panels any more ?
Worth fixing or am I better selling it for parts ?
Re shelling it ? Ideas people plz

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
A good body shop should be able to save it, they should be able to fabricate new sills and sort the arches too. May be worth finding out from Nissan if the sills are still available first for a more straight forward fix. Not sure rear quarters are available any more but worth finding out.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Full rear quarters from nissan approx £550 per side (roof to floor, door pillar to rear bumper)
been there asked the price :(

thats when mine became a true project

Nigel :thumbsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys started looking for bodywork places that'll take the old girl on. Hopefully wont cost the earth :(

·
Vendor
12,625 Posts
we have a donar cars (or two) here for restoration projects.

·
Vendor
12,625 Posts
Looks bad from your video, the rust will be a lot worse than you reckon. Might be as cheap to reshell as to do 1/4's, inner outter sills, rear wheel well tubs, rear lower inner sills and floor from what I can see in the videos!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Looks bad from your video, the rust will be a lot worse than you reckon. Might be as cheap to reshell as to do 1/4's, inner outter sills, rear wheel well tubs, rear lower inner sills and floor from what I can see in the videos!!
.....that's why i decided to go down the re-shell route instead of patching up my old shell at least you know the base is all solid and you can look after it so it doesn't go the same rusty way ......

Nigel :thumbsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for your help. She's now in the good hands of Dave :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts