GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a problem with cyl 4 misfire. I swapped coils and plugs already and still cyl 4 is the only one that misfires. Vehicle use to have a hks twin fire that I removed from previous owner. I followed the steps through the troubleshoot. I tested all the cylinders at the ecu and they all get about 0.06 to 0.08 volts except cylinder 4 which is at 1.22 volts at idle. Then I tested the voltage to coming from the ignitor to the coils. All cylinders texted at around the 12.40 to 12.60 range except cylinder 4 which tested at 13.10. Would these results indicate a bad ignitor or is it a possible wiring harness issue. Thanks

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
If it is your loom, you could also upgrade your coil rail to acetyl plastic, a guy on Skyline Owners was selling them, coat all connections and the coil boots, (coil and sparkplug ends) with dielectric grease. This stops corrosion, repels moisture and stops electric tracking to earth. I also bought Splitfire coils.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qirx_G4x5i0

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can basically rule out all ignition components. I just added a new wiring specialty harness and used my friends ignitor and still misfires on cyl 4. Also I put in new spark plugs and they all fouled from driving around the block a few times on separate occasions trying to diagnose the issue. My last option is the ecu which I doubt t also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts