GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above I have never attempted fitting a spoiler before can someone advise me. The lining up and drilling part is straight forward its just the basic sealing process I need to know, surprised coudnt find any info here. There are 4 threaded bars that will go through the boot so do I jus go for a nut and washer the otherside and plenty of silicone? Plus as the carbon lip is hollow water will get underneath it will that cause future problems? How have you guys fitted yours?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Hi,

I used to have the nismo one on the car but where the four screws were was just alot of rust where the water had got in.

I replaces it with a carbon one which has a flat bottom and just taped up the two edge holes and used self tapping screw on the two centre ones and lots of double sided squidgy tape to hold it in place, so far so good!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply willrobdon, ya 4 threaded bars seems over kill. Mine is carbon and doesnt have a flat bottom its hollow is this normal? I hav never seen one before. so I cant srew up into it as you have. Have you any insight into the correct seling process to garauntee no water gettin in? like what would a body shop do?

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
I would ditch the hollow one and source a better made one with a flat bottom - or fibreglass the one you've got. Decent double sided body tape like 3M VHB is all you'll need then to attach it. Why drill holes in a decent boot lid???

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mmm maybe I should. didnt realise there wer different types. if I do decide to drill the two holes ya think nut rubber washer silicone-boot then same again the other side wud be enough? never fitted a spoiler before. Cheers for the reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts