GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I tuck the gtr out of the garage today brought for a small drive when she started to Idle between 1000 2000 erratically then she over heated i have darned the system checked for water oil mix all good plugs all good could some one please help im just hoping I dont have to do the head car garaged all winter not good one very pissed GTR owner please please if some one could shed some light on this disaster:mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked thermostat out in hot water its working fine it did over heat as well Natbrat expansion bottle was banging and she went into the read

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If the expansion tank was banging, that sounds very much like head gasket related.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys still over heating so started to strip her today for headgasket so time to order a few bits and pieces ill keep yous posted on progress

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
It's more likely to be a head crack issue. Have you run a Hydrocarbon gas test in the rad?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't have a sniff test done on the car R32 Combat mate as the water in tank and rad were red like rust after flushing the system and re filing it returned ill have a pressure test cared out on the head after i remove it fingers crossed its not a cracked head

·
Registered
567 Posts
last time i had `over heating` and the water was coming out of the expansion tank - it was because the head was warped
it pressurised the water cooling system ! forcing water out of the overflow .

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
last time i had `over heating` and the water was coming out of the expansion tank - it was because the head was warped
it pressurised the water cooling system ! forcing water out of the overflow .
Lol, same as that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers Lads for all the replys back tattooing today so it will be another week or so before i have her striped and ill know for sure hope its no to bad me pour baby :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Bit of feedback from today so i got a bit of spare time today so decided to further investigate so on taking the thermostat out noticed i had a water leek from housing and the top radiator house engine housing was leaking so cleaned up every thing applied new thermostat re sealed all housings and refitted rad and all needed refiled fluids. Started car bleed cooling system car running 80 water temp on power fc so brought the car for a small spin stiltedly creep-ed to 97to99 and stayed at that so brought the car into the garage and the car never moved over halfway on oem gage then on further inspection of the rad when car was running with rad cap off could still see air in the system and on acceleration the rad starts foaming im still just running water as in case id have to flush the system again and would be a waste of coolant, so im a bit stuck after running all tests no head gasket failure not down on compression is there some thing that i might not be doing that needs to be done to bleed the system and whenyou open the bleed screw noting comes out so if anyone could help regards Aid

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I have had a mare to bleed mine in the past, mine has a bleed screw in the top hose what I do is fill the rad first, then fit rad cap and fill through the bleed screw hole in my greddy top pipe the last bit of water and give the lower rad hose a few good squeezes while blocking and releasing the bleed screw hole with my thumb.

after doing the headgasket this year it bled up easy doing the above.

I assume you can still do this with the standard bleed screw ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cheers scoooby slayer i still have the standard bleed screw mate ill have a go tomorrow and let you know how i get on cheers again for the reply

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
HAPPY DAYS gtr not over heating and bleed up after 2 days of hart ache but all good now running 75c to 89c on power fc brought for a good drive off load stayed steady :) than give a bit of boost and fxuk sake boost leak so pulled in and on looking the car over noticed the power fc solinide mounted to my abs and with the pipes from turbo were all cracked as the company that fitted decided not to heat rap rubber pipes just above a manifold wont mention any names not the first issue they caused :( now does anyone have any idea where to buy the piping in a roll so i can change all pipes coming from turbos if anyone could help don't want to start another thread

1 - 20 of 23 Posts