GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger window on my R32 was intermittent for a while and then packed up completely. It's not working off of either switches, my drivers side window works perfectly and my lock out switch isn't on.

So after some googling I found this guide:
Nissan Skyline R32 - Window wont roll up or down FIX - DIY/How-To Guide. RB MOTORING - JDM importer

Whipped off the passenger door card expecting to find the control module mentioned and turns out there isn't one. So moved to the drivers door, found the module and took it apart. There were a couple of suspect solder joints though nothing that particularly stood out. Repaired the suspect joints and put it back together.

Upon testing the passenger window worked intermittently a couple of times before packing up again. I'm not sure if this was a result of my soldering or something else I've disturbed in the process of taking both door cards off. After a bit of wiggling, tugging and shaking various switches and connectors I couldn't find anything that seemed to be affecting it

The contacts in the drivers side module are clicking on and off as expected for the drivers side window but aren't for the passenger side nor can I here any clicking anywhere else.

Should the drivers side module be clicking for the passenger window or is there another module somewhere else for the passenger window that may require soldering?

If the answer to both of those is no, what should I be checking next? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the same thing that you did but that wasn't the problem. Checked all the wiring and it was fine. Problem was a bad solder joint in the driver's window switch. Really hard to see but one had a minor crack all the way around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts