GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please post up some pics side by side, of a R32 GTR and of a R32 GTS4T or just a GTS. As I am not sure if my GTS4 has been fitted with a GTR kit or not, and I wish to finally confirm this. I have tried searching on the net but all the pics I manage to find are either way to dark or to small to be able to see any detail. I supose a slighty off headon would be great.

thanks G

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Not sure if its of any help but here my GTS4 .. I know this is a standard body kit (asside from the rear wing, which appears to be from a 4-door GTSt, or perhaps early cars like mine .. 1991 model) ... maybe it might give you an idea.

These shots are from from the "Unknown Warrior" article at Autospeed.

Cheers, :D

Dan

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah well it would seem that my car has the standard Nissan bodykit apart from a nice GTR :D style front bumper that is and some 300ZX alloys from what I have managed to find out. Dan thanks for posting them pics up.

G

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
No problem :) I can probably dig up some more given time :D

Btw .. does your rear wing have a centre support or is it like mine just fixed at each end?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
As far as I'm aware (not very aware - but getting there :D) the GTS4 is a GTSt Type-M with ATTESA-ETS 4WD (and its associated 100kg weight penalty) and a front-wheel torque gauge in the main instrument binacle, instead of a boost gauge. There may also be a difference in the way in which the HICAS picks up its fluid for the hydraulics, I believe the GT-R and the GTS4 have their own reservoir in the boot, while the GTSt and the GTS25 Type-S feed from the power steering reservoir. But it maybe that only the GTS25 does this ... I can't recall off the top of my head.

The GTS4 was built around the GTSt and as that body kit was a standard fit for the GTSt it stands to reason that it was also a standard fit for the GTS4 although it may vary slightly in design from model year to model year (notably the front bumper). I'm pretty sure I'm right on this, if anyone here could confirm it for sure, it'd be Shin or Dino...

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I think the front bumper on the Autospeed GTS4 is aftermarket, or it may be a very late or early model. It looks like fiberglass to me. And it needs to loose those 3-spoke wheels .. icky :p

Hope this helps :D

Dan

PS. Post up some pics of your car! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts