GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My insurance is taking the [email protected]%#$ pi*^ out of me, offering a rediculously low amount of money for my used-to-be-beautiful burnt-to-the-ground R32.
I'm looking for
- sales adverts stating prices of R32 GTR. What magazines can I find them?
- actual adverts. Please email to [email protected] or fax to +31-412-622640
- any information that can help me to get a better price.

Thanks a lot !

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
RIP

:( :( :( :( :(
Ohhhh god I feel sick
:( :( :( :( :(

Somberg, give us the story.....if I can bear to read it
........Isn't that 2 R32's in the picture????
AAAAAgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"distressed needing therapy" wroestar

·
Registered
404 Posts
most wanted poster ?

This picture has to be in Holland, what’s that a picture of behind the window frame :smokin:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts

Somberg,

Damned sorry about your 32. :( :(
Do you know how it started?

I have been trying to find you some adds.
R32's seem to be thin on the ground at the moment.

I'll have a look at my mags tonight, to see if anything will help you.

My deepest condolences.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it's a sad story. The car in the back was a brandnew R32 racer, based on a stripped Janspeed GrpN car. The car was down to about 1200 kgs using custom kevlar-carbon parts, seam-welded, 40 m lightweight T40 roll cage, single turbo (APEXi) based engine with 600 cc injectors, APEXi PFC, HKS SQV, custom radiator, HKS full race intercooler, HKS and APEXi piping kits, 280 cams, adjustable fuel pressure regs, Greddy HD oil pump and sump extension. Saddest of all is, that I never got to drive the car in its final state. I was finalizing the looms.
The car in front (which is the car I need the reference prices for) is a road-R32 previously owned by Francis Connolly with full leather interior and some mild modifications to make it a bit faster and more reliable. This car was absolutely fantastic on the 'Ring. I was driving on the Dottinger Hohe once (the long straight in the end), when a Porsche GT3 tried to overtake me. When I switched to 1.1 bar (EVC), he had to let me go (poor sod..).
Anyway. The fire in our garage was caused by our neighbour, at 09.30 in the morning on April 19th. I was with a customer when a friend called me to ask if I knew that the garage was on fire. When I arrived half an hour later, everything was gone, including a shipload full of spare parts and a couple of engines. It'd been so hot, that various alloy parts (like the intake plenum) had melted.
Currently, I'm in the process of getting some money from various insurance companies. I can tell you it'll never be enough. All of the hours spent in the racer are gone. And I'm not going to get the replacement value for all those parts. What's frustating me most though, is that I've not driven the R32 racer after rebuild.

On the bright side though, I'm having an R34 Vspec racecar soon. And a few spare parts.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Skylining

You must be familiar with the scene.... yes, it's in Holland.

It's a company selling all kind of things for people who want to grow cannabis. "we know it, you grow it".

:smokin:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
sorry to this somberg,i hadnt seen this pick i thought mine was
bad when back end got torched she is finally near completeion and will be back on road.
this is sick glad to see you bounced back and sorry if have reminded you

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
GTSM
WHY did you bring back this thread ??
2001 not one of andre's best years.
A sad pic indeed !
Cokey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts