GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 things i heard, (from a bloke in OZ) can somebody confirm both?

Told that R32 GTRs cost around £5000 in japan. Obv u got shipping costs etc etc, but its mainly the middlemans profit that makes em sell for £10,000or so once they here.
Any ways i can cut out the middleman? i dont mind doing most the sorting out myself, if i knew what i had to do, and actually finding a suitable car is hard as i dont speak japanese and im not in japan.... (im sure it wont cost me 5000quid to sort out the problems ill run in to, will it???)

Secondly, ive been told that you can have switchable 4x4/rwd on skylines just by running an switch in line with the fuse for the electronic centre diff, so when u flick the switch, the circuit is broken and it 100% RWD (removing the fuse obv does the same job). That true? The words "most amazing burnouts ive ever seen" were uttered in same sentence, but id never do that. no. never...

Cheers, Steve (v.soon R32 owner...)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Profit

The middle man isn't making a whole 5k profit, you've got the tax shipping etc to think about too. More like making a couple of grand profit, poss a bit more in some cases.

Luke

·
Registered
520 Posts
You've got to add...

10% Duty
17.5% VAT

£1500 for Shipping / SVA / Alarm etc.

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On subject of R32 prices in japan

Heres a quote from the bloke from Oz this mornin...

"Heres another one for ya steve. Just watched this go through auction in japan for 750000jpy i reckon thats about 3500 quid. It already has a trust turbo setup and a few other goodies.
i hope this helps ya make up ya mind LOL"

Pic attatched to this thread.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

3,665 Posts
Steve

Steve,

yen is currently at approx 178 yen to the £
750000yen = £4213.48

not bad what condition is it graded at?

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts