GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im looking at swapping from my zenki projectors to a set of N1 headlights. My question is can anyone tell me exactly what needs to be done to pull this off? Tried looking thru the forum but couldn't find the answer.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Alright , is the connector the same ? The majority of 32's came out with projectors , a few with N1's , I'm sure it's a straight swap , your in Japan. Pm Matty32 , he'll know for sure

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to ask, but why would you want to swap from the projectors to the N1 lights? Aren't the projectors the better light?
Actually the projectors on a 32 are pretty crappy. I simply want to change them for aesthetic reasons. I think the N1 lights give the car a more clean look.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I was told by a co-worker to go to the junkyard & clip a H4 plug then rewire my current setup into that...anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you don't want to clip any wires on the car, check out theretrofitsource.com and see if they have any adapters - they've got most things headlight related. Only downer is waiting for delivery from USA.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Surely you just plug the connector from the loom into the headlight?

The car has an H4 connector already:

Side light might be more of a challenge, likewise the driving/fog lamps. Not sure as I don't know what the non-projector side lights use.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey guys Im looking at swapping from my zenki projectors to a set of N1 headlights. My question is can anyone tell me exactly what needs to be done to pull this off? Tried looking thru the forum but couldn't find the answer.
As far as I'm aware the n1 lamps use an h4 bulb.
The wiring on an r32 Gtr with projector headlamps actually has an h4 converter loom to fit the original projector type lamps, as they use two separate bulbs for dip and main beams.
If you unplug this loom behind the headlamp you end up with the h4 3 pin type plug that you need.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As far as I'm aware the n1 lamps use an h4 bulb.
The wiring on an r32 Gtr with projector headlamps actually has an h4 converter loom to fit the original projector type lamps, as they use two separate bulbs for dip and main beams.
If you unplug this loom behind the headlamp you end up with the h4 3 pin type plug that you need.
Hope this helps.
Sorry for such a late response been busy. I checked under the hood & yes there is a H4 plug but the wiring for all 3 lights run out of that H4. So I would still have to figure something out for the foglight which would be a H3C. :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts