GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R33 GTR is down at Abbey to have the clutch replaced (among other things). I got a message today on my cell phone telling me the clutch in the car is an R32 push-style clutch, so some extra parts are needed to fit a pull-style Exedy twin plate. Why on earth would I have an R32 clutch in my R33? Anyone got any thoughts on this issue? I haven't actually spoken to Mark, just got the message, so I don't know if it is an actual OEM R32 clutch or an after market replacement, or what.

·
Registered
197 Posts
my 33 gtr has a push type clutch but it is an hks triple,think a lot of twins,triples etc tend to be push type so it may have had a different clutch fitted at some point

·
Registered
448 Posts
My R33 GTR is down at Abbey to have the clutch replaced (among other things). I got a message today on my cell phone telling me the clutch in the car is an R32 push-style clutch, so some extra parts are needed to fit a pull-style Exedy twin plate. Why on earth would I have an R32 clutch in my R33? Anyone got any thoughts on this issue? I haven't actually spoken to Mark, just got the message, so I don't know if it is an actual OEM R32 clutch or an after market replacement, or what.
If it is an OEM clutch, possibly looks like the car has had an R32 engine/box transplant at some time. Early R32 engines are claimed to be "stronger" motors by some.

Even an aftermarket clutch would have still been a pull type I would have thought.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
448 Posts
I fought the early R32's where the ones with the oddball clutch, the push type, latter 32's and everyting else had the pull type :confused:

But I am often wrong..........:) so my wife tells me :chuckle:

I would find the answer interesting as I am away to buy a clutch to replace my slipping one.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I fought the early R32's where the ones with the oddball clutch, the push type, latter 32's and everyting else had the pull type :confused:

no thats right, not sure on the 33's
I've got a pull type clutch for ya'
But its not £9.99 :p :p :p :p :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

taking up too much room!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
no thats right, not sure on the 33's
I've got a pull type clutch for ya'
But its not £9.99 :p :p :p :p :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

taking up too much room!!!
I am needing one fit for 500hp, bit of a bug9er this, cant find one for £9.99.

Looking like I might have to actually part with some real cash! :eek: :eek: :chuckle:

Looks like the one you are selling could be too small if the chessboard you photographed it on is to scale......:) :) :) have you tried some of the model car forums...................:) lol

Ian

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I am needing one fit for 500hp, bit of a bug9er this, cant find one for £9.99.

Looking like I might have to actually part with some real cash! :eek: :eek: :chuckle:

Looks like the one you are selling could be too small if the chessboard you photographed it on is to scale......:) :) :) have you tried some of the model car forums...................:) lol

Ian
Kings Rook To Bishops Pawn.......And Get The Beans On Toast While You Are There

Yer cheeky little monkey, whats wrong with my kitchen floor :chairshot :bawling: :eek: :p :D

And before you ask...no it wasn't £9.99

Is the oxygen going to be on standby when you make your purchase???

Better book the nurse early for that purchase, and be ready with the moth catching net :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Toodlepipski :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked to Mark at Abbey today. He didn't really have any good ideas as to why the oddball clutch was in there. His best guess was a hasty replacement with whatever was at hand. I will try to get a better understanding when I go pick up the car.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
why not go with another push type clutch if the cars set up for it, there are plenty of options too and they are cheaper than pull kits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts