GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the rear lights, bumper, and bootlid from a 2 door fit a 4 door? I know they're completely different, but are the parts interchangable????

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess i'll just have to experiment lol.... Should be picking my 4 door up next week sometime....

·
Registered
504 Posts
The answer is no.

The bootlid is longer and has a different shape at the bottom to accomodate some different shaped tail lights which in turn accomodate a different shaped rear bumper.

So the lights are different and as such every adjoining part is different:

4-DOOR:

2-DOOR:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for that dude :) Just found pics of a 4 door rear panel etc and compared them to pics of my 2 door when it was stripped for painting.... The rear panels are identical apart from a slightly different shaped cutout for the rear lights to clear the bulb holder for the indicators (with the indicator being mounted on the outer edge for the 4 door as opposed to the middle of the cluster on a 2 door). The floor pans are identical lengths also. I've got the boot, bumper and lights from a 2 door sat in my workshop, so i'll trial fit them on the 4 door when i get it and let you all know :chuckle:

Fingers crossed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts