GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my R32 is soon to leave Japan (still waiting on the final price with shipping :rolleyes: ) I guess I ought to think about the couple of things I need to do to get my ol' bird through an MOT.

One of those things is a rear Foglight... Is there a nice solution to this problem on the R32 or do I have to go all MX-5 style and have a nasty little bolt-on jobbie underneath?

MattPayne said something about using one of the reverse lights for it - is this feasible?

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dead Easy IF you can Find A red bulb or some red clear lens tape.
Just take the light out disconnect it and rewire to a different switch. Piece of the perverbial Pi$$ Mate!!

Si

PS And it will pass the MOT as the Fog Lamp is over the regulation minimum height from the Tarmac.....which is always a bonus!!

PPS Dave has Kindly put a link up to that Manual I was on about, its in Tuning, Electronics, And the thread Name is 'Sick of Hot Feet' it is the Last Post in the thread. Download it, makes good reading and will tell you a lot about the R32!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Si,

Excellent stuff! I was hoping that it was above the regulation hight, shouldnt be much work to rewire it up to another switch then ... I like fixes like that!!

Is that what you did to get yours through an MOT Si?

I'll grab that manual and read up! :D

And incase you didnt read it in the other thread, I'll send the template to ya on monday or tuesday...

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
As an alternative you could convert the inner brake lights to fogs and use the outer ones for break lights only. Wont get you through SVA without a bit of masking/insulating tape but is MOT approved.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dan,

No mines got a Dangleberry!!!

But I will get around to doing something with it when I've finished modding everything else!!

Wayhay Lets Mod the Fog Lamp!!:D

Si

PS It might better the drag on the car!!;)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh ... excellent idea fuggles ... I like that, and SVA wont be a problem for me as mine is an old bird (I say mine, I'm still waiting for that invoice!! Argh!)

Si, Removal of that hanging foggy as to be worth atleast 0.0003MPH onto your top speed!? ;)

Thanks guys ... thats two excellent ideas, I'll ponder which ones easiest once I get the thing here!

Wont be long until we have matching cars Si!? A sign of good taste I think :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you're going to use a red bulb in the reverse light trick make sure you put it in the offside one, it's illegal to have the foglight on the nearside unless it has a matched pair on the offside.

Plus make sure that you get a decent red bulb, don't just paint it with normal red paint - it doesn't work. Very High Temperature (VHT) paint works but it cuts down the light from the bulb, I'm still looking for something better.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Matt

Dangleberrys are something else, but lets face it mate they DO look a bit Shit!!!! Get it yet?

Si;) :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts