GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted my adjustable rear camber arms :clap: (they DO look the danglies :chuckle: )

Whilst getting stuck-in about the suspension I was wondering why it seems that there are no toe-control products for the 32 GTR???

Like this.......

Been looking on LOADS of sites such as Nengun,JustJap,Teiwa etc and it seems they do them for everything else but BNR32 :chairshot
Is this because you can use the HICAS arms to give some amount of toe adjustment??
Is it because its not advisable to alter rear toe on BNR32?
With this in mind WHY are they available for HCR32 not BNR32???

TT

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not doubting what your saying Alex, but I've NEVER seen any toe-control bars for the BNR32 AT ALL!!! As you say, they are available for S13, HCR32 etc.
On Nengun, a lot of them specify non-HICAS so I'm assuming that the HICAS has a bearing on why no toe control is offered for rear of GTR.

Anyone??

TT

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*sigh*
What, no one at all???

TT

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Is this because you can use the HICAS arms to give some amount of toe adjustment??
I'd say this would be the answer surely? The HICAS arms can be used to adjust toe, (although it's probably not a good idea to adjust it too far if the HICAS is still operational, that could get interesting with wierd and wonderful toe angles during rear wheel steering :eek: ).

With the HICAS cancelling bar in place, (that replaces the rack and retains the arms), I'd say that the existing threaded ends of the arms have plenty of thread to go mad with the rear toe:

I remember when I was hunting for my HICAS cancelling bar it was possible to instead purchase a pair of very short HICAS cancelling rods that mounted onto the suspension somehow, (I think they were too short to mount to the chassis, but I could be wrong). These had toe adjustablity via a threaded rod attached to the rose joint bit, so these would technically count as rear toe adjusters I guess? I think they were either Cusco or Tomei I think, but with those at someting like £340 and the replacement HICAS bar at £80, I went for the cheaper option that retained the stock control arms.

Hope that makes some sense, I think the answer is that no products are available because the 32 GTR already has adequate stock adjustability.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
it was possible to instead purchase a pair of very short HICAS cancelling rods that mounted onto the suspension somehow, (I think they were too short to mount to the chassis, but I could be wrong). These had toe adjustablity via a threaded rod attached to the rose joint bit, so these would technically count as rear toe adjusters I guess?
This was them I think, can't link straight to product so go to "Pillowball Suspension" and scroll to the bottom, last product:

Welcome to Adobe GoLive 4

(Dunno why the link says something wierd, but its a link to Cusco's english main page).

·
Premium Member
3,932 Posts
You need the compliance in the rubber bushings on the upper arms to let the Hicas turn the wheels. The spherical bearing arms remove half of the rubber bushings and half of the compliance.

If you remove the Hicas it's no problem.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I presume then that the NISMO rear 'tension rods' (for want of a better description) on the 32GTR are same dimensions as stock and serve no real purpose but are perhaps lighter/better looking???....

TT

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might bin the HICAS then if an opportunity arises LOL
It probably doesnt work properly anyway due to my speed converter.

TT

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mate,

The GTR 32 ones are the same as the GTST just get those that's what I'm doing...Driftworks do em for £95 i already have the rear upper arms aswell..should work a treat ;) speak to Phil at Driftworks.

Cheers
Ad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.