GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience of using an R33 ECU in and R32?:confused:
Its a modification that was surgested to my by Mark from Abbey.
Due the the R32's almost pensionable age, (BUT still cuts it), the ECU has electronics from that era.
As with ALL electronis, things move on. They get smaller, faster and have more memory. This is mean't to translate into faster reacting ECU's with more mapped steps in smaller increments.
Elegedly this means greater efficency, and is meant to give slightly more torque as the R33 has over the R32. ECU being one of the change between the two. They are also happier running 1+bar than the 32's.

But has anyone tried this? Is the drivability change noticable?:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Scott, I don't know whether this would help you. I don't know anybody who uses 33 ecu in a 32. But I do know of a certain 33 owner who pops in a 32 ecu into his 33! Apparently his 33 was running a bit rich which affects power - he got 215kw at the wheels with the 33 ecu. The 32 ecu was then fixed and he got 227kw at the wheels all other things being equal. The AFR also looks much better. From his experience, it looks like the 32 ecu is better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
R32 ECU is easier to hack... it has a 28 pin 256K chip... The R33 has this big square thing..

R32 is a 27C256 UV erasable so its quite a bit easier to work with for most people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts