GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Wooooo my R32 has finally landed in the uk :)

Had a question from Gareth (newera) whos preparing the car.

He's asking if want a speedo conversion done on it ? He advised me to have a search on here regarding the Power steering and HICAS issues and let him know asap as they're already starting work on it as we speak.

I've had a bit of a search....still a bit unsure.....wonder if any of you guys who've already gone through this could give me some advise ?

Cheers, G.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just found Skyline69_uk's excellent .pdf file and given that a quick flick through....seems to show that you should really leave it in kms just to be safe.

Sounds fair enough to me....anyone disagree ?

What about the odometer, can this be changed to miles or does this have to stay as kms as well ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
KPH to MPH

Tired of guessing how fast I was going in my GTR I desided to get the speedo converted. I thought it was just a sticker over the original speedo but no, GTaRt got a MR2 converter that went under the car at £150 and a MPH sticker for the display.

This means I now have the orignal speedo showing 260MPH! Some chance.

This mod has made no difference to any other gear on the car.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for your quick replys guys, mush appreciated :)

Ok I think I'll leave it as it is for now.....if it annoys me then I'll have to look into it a bit more at a later date.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
doesnt make your MOT any easier to obtain so I would be tempted to leave it ancd spend the money on something else :)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
good idea...does anyone know how to get the PFC to show mph instead of kph? Being an American, I'll never get metric into my thick head, and there isn't a shred of any imperial measurement of any sort in Korea....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts