GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

So I recently put a new stage 2 clutch and flywheel into my R32 gtr, and everything went smoothly, clutch works very well.

The only problem I have run into, is that everytime I start the car, the starter grinds for about a half a second. Does anyone know why this would be happening. Maybe the teeth of the starter and the teeth of the flywheel are not meeting up properly? I don't know, so any help is greatly appeciated:shy:

Thanks alot,
Nolan

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you mean you get a grinding sound after the engine has started then that is common - clutch dust causes the starter to stick on for a little longer than necessary.

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
If you mean you get a grinding sound after the engine has started then that is common - clutch dust causes the starter to stick on for a little longer than necessary.
common ?

i use a tough exedy twin and mine starts like it always has done , just like when it use to be standard

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Its not the clutch type causing the noise, but a build up of clutch dust in the starter. It would most likely have been a coincidence that the noise started after a clutch was fitted.

Mine has done it ever since it was imported nearly 2 years ago, which is what caused me to look into what the noise was.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
It's the starter solenoid grinding. It's a very easy fix. Take it out, de-grease it, re-grease it and re-fit it. I've done a few.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes,does look like it just needs a clean up,might be worth checking the teeth on the starter are not bured
although that normally stops them engageing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts