GTR Forum banner

R32 steering bushing replacement

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  kismetcapitan 
#1 ·
how hard is this? anyone try this DIY before?

#3 ·
looks like the ATTESA had locked up, although not sure why the car can't run in AWD full-time. But I've been unable to replicate the problem, so...

#5 ·
yep, exactly the part, I've got one coming, just wondering how hard/easy it is to get in. I hope it doesn't require pulling off the intake plenum....

#6 ·
Somebody in the Gallery has just done it (might have been Tarmac Terror). I asked exactly the same question and he suggested looking on the Driftworks forum as apparently there is a thread there.

If/when you do get it on I'd love to hear what you think of it!

#7 ·
ive never done it but id imagine its pretty tricky without taking off the plenum. just take it off toby id have thought it'd only take you a couple more hours and be far less tricky!!

kev

#8 ·
I took a brief look at the steering column. If the damper is inside the firewall, replacement should be no problem. If it's outside, removing the brake master cylinder and booster should give enough access to get to it.

I now believe the rubber damper has indeed been destroyed. There's a rubbery looseness in my steering wheel, that wasn't there before, about an inch or so in either direction from dead center. The car is still perfectly drivable, but there's no millimeter-precision control as there had been before. If it's not that, then perhaps something in the steering rack? But nothing is leaking....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.