GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought an r32 gtr and while the performance is fine,the handling(and roadholding) of the car is terrible.the suspension is way too hard and on inspection turned out to be jic coilovers.also not helping the car has 245/35/18s on the front and 275/35/18s on rear.there is also a lot of negative camber on the back.
comfort is not the concern here.the car actually jumps off the road over bumps causing all manner of heart problems!
any advice on wheel and tire sizes/offsets and suspension packages would be greatly recieved.
i need the car for fast road use only so dont need a bone hard track setup.i used to have an s14 with kyb damper and eibach springs and that was fine on the road and a bit soft on track.
just wondered if you boys could help.thanks

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
For fast road, Nismo S-Tune and Skylabs torque split controller gets my vote every time :)
I have 265 tyres on 18in rims and have no problems/heart palpitations at all.

·
Registered
448 Posts
245/35/18s on the front and 275/35/18s on rear.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Be very careful, this tyre size miss-match will be playing havoc with the ATTESA system(possibly causing damage to the torque split clutch!). Your wheel/tyre combination need to have a rolling cicumference within 2% of each other. Your set up would be miles out with those tyre widths running the same profile !!! Those wheels/tyres sound like they have come off a GTST not a GTR. Most GTR's I know of run exactly the same tyre size front and rear..........

This set up might also be detremental as to how your car is handling, I would change them first.

I am sure others on this forum will also give you this advice.

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
I think there should be a sticky posted on this forum for newbie about this miss match of tyre sizes... "attention GTR owners, do you have same size tyres front and rear?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts