GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, been looking through the 'wish list' and think that at some point a Ti exhaust may have to be bought...And I need a bit of help.
Now my R32GTR as im sure most of you are aware will be a track ONLY machine therefore I am looking for a system that will meet typical UK noise restrictions WITHOUT the use of a bung and have a piping dia of 4"/100mm.
Looked at ARC/Tomei/Midori etc but they all seem to have deficiencies in one area or another.
Could those in the know recommend an off the shelf system that would neet my requirements or am i going to have to get a custom one made up???

TT

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I think you are fight, they're all too loud and those bungs are useless, they're a lovely addition though, one day i'd like the midori gear! Shame it's no that day yet, I'll be watching this thread with Intrest.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had looked at 'ti exhausts'...only realised yesterday its a Whifbits sideline.

Was going to ask you what a custom cat-back 4" 'quiet' system would come in at...???

TT

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Another question is do you really need Titanium?
You can get very good custom made 4" exhaust that will probably be more quiet pack with some proper filling that are durable and won't deteriorate under hard usage.

If it is a track car, you can probably get away using some thinner stainless steel so the weight difference wouldn't be huge either.
It won't be as light as titanium, but how much difference does it really make in the grand scale of thing.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much power are you chasing? 3.5" will be fine up to around 900bhp....
Yeah, not that much :chuckle:...I reckon 700-750 will be the eventual ceiling.

TT

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks Paul!!, sounds ideal. Will put one on the list :chuckle:

On a related note, I didn't see anything relating to warranty on the website....is there one?? I would expect at least something to cover manufacturing defects...

TT

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Thanks Paul!!, sounds ideal. Will put one on the list :chuckle:

On a related note, I didn't see anything relating to warranty on the website....is there one?? I would expect at least something to cover manufacturing defects...

TT
Of course yes, give me a shout if you need anything.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 18 of 18 Posts