GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the R32 GTR manual and also searched the forums and this is what I've found.

Gear Oil => GL-4 75W90 (approx 4 liters)
Transfer Box => Automatic Transfer Fluid (approx 3 liters)
Front Diff => GL-5 85W90 (approx 2 liters)
Rear Diff => GL-5 80W90 (approx 2 liters)

I have 1 question, the rear diff is described as a mechanical LSD. Is this the reason the R32 GTR dosen't need a limited slip diff oil in the rear? (GL-5LS)

Also what are good makes of oil for the above with the idea to do some track days at some point?

Finally will the R32 need oil coolers?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Look at the Silkolene Silktran SYN 5 75w-90 on out website Opie Oils as this covers GL4/GL5 non LSD and LSD so it can be used in all situations.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Never a bad thing to put an oil cooler on a 32 or any performance car for that matter. Will be putting one on mine after the winter. Thought about fitting some gearbox/diff coolers but TBH, I think it might be a bit overkill unless someone can convince me otherwise

TT

·
Registered
832 Posts
The mods of this site should have a "sticky" listing all the types and viscosities used on the skyline (spec. the gt-r). From diffs, power steering, trans, etc......

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

I've got a stack of oils from oilman.

Full oil replacement on a GTR32 came to just under £100 delivered.

I'm looking at putting a cooler on rear diff and gear box. Didin't think it is necessary to put one on the transfer or the front diff as they are not in use all the time.

Any thoughts/recomendations on this?

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Wow, thats good. Might get round to doing this myself soon.

IIRC, its in the transfer case that the fluid heats up the most so its here that priority should be given to cooling.

TT

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok point noted.

The cost of oil was just for transmission. Engine oil was not in that.

·
Registered
854 Posts
christ thats cheap, is that engine as well. i paid 80 quid for 8 litres (i think) of mobil 1 when i serviced my old m3

might pay the oilman a visit soon cos i think hes only about 4 miles from me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts