GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice on the R32 GT-R. Basically thinking of buying an R32, but cant seem to decide whether or not the V spec is really worth spending the extra few+£K's, with the only main difference from the brakes/suspension (which can be easily upgraded) and of course the attessa 4wd system. As I understand it, the pro system used in the v spec is a refined unit which also diverts torque from wheel to wheel either side L+R, and front to back and also has an active LSD on the rear.

Has anyone experienced both system, and can give a valid judgement?

Also I`ve heard from an owner in france that you can swap the 4wd ecu from the R34 and plug it to the R32, to speed up and improve the responce??

Or can you replace it with a system from the v spec?

The question is why not buy a v spec in the first place?...well are rare to find......

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got a non-vspec R32 and IMHO I'd look to upgrading the brakes straight away if you're going to do much track work with the car. Mine came to me with R33 brakes and even these aren't up to much abuse (I got some KAD 6pots). I don't know if an LSD would make a huge difference (I'm really happy with the handling of my car now) but I can't give you a definitive answer.

After having a mildly tuned R33GTR, I much prefer the raw, involving, even scary experience of being behind the wheel of an R32...

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
6,660 Posts
fondmetal,

I think the only difference was Brembros, 17 inch BBS wheels and an LSD.

The ATTESA E-TS Pro I think is only in the R33 V.Spec where it can control rear left & right.

Check out: www.prospec-ms.co.uk/models/bnr32.html for full details.

Mark @ Abbey has just bought one.
Which is only the second I have seen in 4 yrs of Skylining.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks scott, But having looked at other reference sites, the R32 V spec does have the ATTESA E-TS Pro, coupled with the LSD, this can be identified by the fins on the diff and some hydraulic pipes flowing to it...or i may be completely wrong!;-)

The R33 also has bothe versions.....so too does the R34

According to Shins site the standard has the pro system...can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
534 Posts
pro

Hmm .. I was sure the pro system was brought in with the R33 ... I could be wrong, but what reference sites did you refer to?

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for that Shin....so let me get this right, all GR-R whether its a STD or V spec used only the ATTESA E-TS, but the V specs had a hydraulic controlled LSD which could control torque left and right on the real axle? did it control torque left and right on the front axle as well?

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
6,660 Posts
Fondmetal,
]You see its like this:

R32, R32 V-Spec &R33
ATTESA E-TS

R33 V-Spec
ATTESA E-TS Pro (With LSD controling L/R rear split)

I think, and maybe Shin can back me up here),only the
R33 400R can control the front left/right split.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
400R

Hi Scott,

I believe 400R has exactly as the same system, ATTESA E-TS PRO as GTR33 V-spec.
But the E-TS control unit is modified to give front torque a little bit quicker than standard.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
534 Posts
Dat's right

The R33 V.spec saw the pro addition to the ATTESA E-TS system (controlls the front rear split). From the litrature at the time, the pro system reacted faster than the previous ATTESA E-TS system, (used on all R32 and the standard R33).

It said it could react in 1,000 of a second! hmm

it's all on this site (www.gtr.co.uk) under Technical

Cheers

- Joss

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
R32 VSPEC

If there's an R32 with active rear diff, it would be the VSPEC-II, not the VSPEC-I. I haven't been able to get this acknowledged until now. It should be on the microfiches if it's on there. The VSPEC-I for sure doesn't have an active rear diff.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
GTR32 V-spec and V-specII

Hi there,

GTR32 V-spec was released on 3rd February 1993. and it has 17inch alloys/tyres and Brembo brakes.
And the programme of ATTESA E-TS control logic was revised for quicker cornering.
Further, the front suspension was revised due to bigger wheels/tyres than standard GTR32.

GTR32 V-specII was released on 14th February 1994, and the tyre size was revised to 245/45/17 due to the regulation of N1 endurance (Gr.N) race.

Both of V-spec and V-specII had been sold from 14th February 1994 to 7th November 1994, the day of off-line of GTR32.

And about the "fin" of the diff cover, PhaseI and PhaseII has diff cover with fin, but PhaseIII, V-spec and V-specII has diff cover without fin as the same as GTR33 standard.
It is not related to ATTESA E-TS or ATTESA E-TS Pro, and all GTR32's are all ATTESA E-TS.

GTR33 V-spec(ATTESA E-TS Pro) has the diff cover with fin.
And ATTESA E-TS Pro works with Active LSD and it enable to split torque right/left actively.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey shin!! much respect for the further info, u seem to know your skyline well!;-)

So, untill i can get further info i`ll take your word for it, but I`m sure your right. I like to do as much research as possible before i buy a car.....too bad my import supra tt turned out to be a bit of a lemon!

This time i dont mind spending a bit extra, but im not gonna be spening my hard earned ££££££ on cars that have been beaten up and chewed into every mobile object!

Shin, where abouts in london is your showroom, I might have to visit it sometime.......

BTW, this kinda info should be referenced on the GT-R home site, its very usefull, for detailed model specific info!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Recommendation

Hi fondmetal,

When you import a car from Japan, you really should not purchase the car that has already modified by the previous owner.
Usually we cannot know the detailed information/specifications about the car when you purchased it.
Of course, when you can get detailed info/specifications of the modification and you can agree it, you can go for it.
Then, you should go for completely standard car, and you can modifiy before shipment, or after delivered.
Of course it would cost more to do it than purchasing modified car initially, but I'm sure you will have to waste a lot of money to make/run your car proper performance GTR.
I will help you purchasing GTR even if you don't purchasing from me, so please feel free to ask me.
I'm gonna send you PM now.

Yours,
Shin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts