GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title, need them ASAP so they can re-fit my windows to my car now its been sprayed, but Nissan are messing me about, they useless.
Im sure I can get it from them, but parts monkey dont know his ass from his elbow.

I take it Nissan ARE my best option?

Bloody cars :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
might be a silly question but have you tried Abbey? They quoted me cheaper on standard nissan parts than nissan did with a 10% discount!

Simon

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Is this the rubber bit around the front doors / windows you're on about, or the seals that hold the fixed windows in place?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Oh right. I've only had first hand experience of getting hold of the door rubber strip that seals around the front door and windows, not the fixed window seals.

I went to a Nissan main dealer who could happily order the parts in for me, but because the R32s are imports, they had to get the parts shipped over from Nissan Japan 'cos they didn't hold stock in the UK. This wasn't too big a problem for me, but it did mean a 3 week or so wait. :(

If you can get to a Nissan dealer and have a look on their parts computer it gives you pictures and part numbers of all the bits, so it should be relatively easy to identify the bits you want.

Only problem is that by the sound of it you need the parts sooner than three weeks. You might be lucky and find they have the parts in stock, but as R32s are 15 year old imported cars they don't seem to hold many bits in the UK.

Good luck finding the bits you need, sorry I can't be more help.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
6,666 Posts
This is bazaar that this question should come up today.

Excuse the name dropping :rolleyes: ;), but I was talking to Tamura-san last night, and window rubbers is one of the questions I asked him about.

Apparently; Nissan only support vehicles for 8 years after the end of production :(. This makes such things very hard to get hold of unless you can find someone with old stock. He was telling me this is why he has collected an almost complete R32 interior and other such parts for his R32 and has them all in storage for the years to come.
Unfortunately he did not want to part with his window rubbers. :bawling:

But if some one finds this not to be the case, I think we should have a group buy! ;)

There was a thread on here a few years ago regarding a group buy of window rubbers, but it came to nothing!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I've enquired about the front and rear screen trims, (the screens themselves are bonded in which can be done by any decent window fitter, so it's only actually the trims you need), I think from memory they cost about £360 for front and rear and they take a couple of weeks as they have to be shipped over from japan.

The rear qtr windows seals are part of the windows, so you need to buy complete new windows.

I've got the diagram from Nissan, just gotta work out the part numbers.

Alex B

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
This has been covered before, but I will help again
Call this number 01744 26681 option 3 (Nissan Middlehurst)
Tell them the "bear" gave you the number :chuckle:
They then will charge you double :confused: :confused: :confused:

Are you ready for the facts?????

The front and rear window trim kits are around £260 :eek: :eek: :eek:
Then you will need the double sided sticky bits £100 :eek: :eek: :eek:
The rear quarters are a whole unit..................£300 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you still standing?
You can use a universal fitting rubbers, ask the window trimmers
But it wont look as good

Oh then add around £150 to take the windows out, and then put them back
If like me add a further £150 for tinting

MMMmmmmm a whole lot of money
I re-used my rear quarters, but have paid over £600 for the other bits :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I'd always recommend replacing as many of the external trim pieces as possible after a respray as it really finishes teh job off, it's always really dissapointing when we've just painted a car then have to refit split, perished rubbers etc.

I plan on replacing:

Front screen trim
Front screen
Rear screen trim
Rear qtr windows
Door scrapers, (The bit at the top of the doors, including the inside one which has warped).

I think thats it, not gonna be cheao but should really finsh it off nicely and look good as new! :D

Alex B
gutter trims

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
argh, 360 quid for some rubber surrounds!! Mine are fine, practically speaking, but the rear window rubber has shrunk, causing it to pull away from the corners a few millimeters.

Is there any way to "rehydrate" the rubbers and somehow stretch them back into happy shape?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im in the same boat as the Captain

My rear trims have shrunk making them pop on the corners too.

Have been told by somebody who works in the body shop that I should try 'warming' them - but generally I dont do things by half, and antisipate a potential respray may then be required.

Can they be warmed into place, or is there any other way???

·
Registered
326 Posts
And Im in the same boat as the Captain the The D :D

Yep, same here. The corners on the rear window. They're not terrible, but noticeable. Sadly, only noticeable to me after I'd bought the car and got it home.

Something I'd like to fix too.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
yes unfortunately as I have learnt over the last 18 months

there isn't much that is a fair price on a skyline

but thats why not many people have them, or keep them for any amount of time

my trims had exactly the same wear as above posts

the front ones looked perfect, but the rears had come away in the corners

and guess what....the rears are more expensive than the front

unfortunately there is nothing you can do about the cost
i saw how much Middlehurst pay for them, not much mark up

if i had a spare £300 i would have new quarters as well

the joys of Skyline ownership

just press the pedal, and forget all that is behind you :smokin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I need some of these as well for the same reasons as above. However, for that kind on money I might think again.

Damn, I could do a whole lot more interesting things to my car with £600 than fix the flipping rear screen rubber seal.

Ouch!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
the bloody things are just rubber, maybe I can get a window shop to fix me up some custom jobs? Or maybe the window dimensions are similar to another (cheaper) car and I could use one of those? I'll give it a looking into and see what I can't turn up. It's not so much the 360quid, cause god knows we spend tons more than that on engine bits and so on. It's just a damned lot for a strip of rubber!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts