GTR Forum banner

What Non-Standard Wing Will You Put On a R32 GTR?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car came from Japan with no rear wing on it. The boot been already fill and repainted so there are no holes either.

But then I feel the car look a little boring with nothing on the boot, but then there are so many choice, so I wan to see what you guys think.

Factory R32 wing will not be an option, since I don't really feel like putting something standard back on, so what are the choices other than the factory wing?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I like big wings, but it needs to suit the rest of the car, i.e big front bumper, slammed on some big rims etc.

I also like no spoiler or just the lip, if the cars fairly standard looking, I'd need to see a pic of yours to make a vote.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I love the look of a 32 with no rear wing at all, or with just the nismo lip.

Its been on my list of things to do for ages now!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hum...It will have full body kit and running on 18" wheel.

Since I am mixing and matching (still ordering the parts), I won't have a picture to show.

I guess the best image will be the full Trial Try Force Kit without a wing, that will be the best image to give.

By the way, that wing on that Trial Demo Car is NOT what I had in mind. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes, thats my point.

The GTR is a very tough car, and it can support the GT-Wing.

However, my GTR is a road car, thats the problem.

GT-Wing looks great on car with full body graphic flying around the track, or park in the middle of a car show in front of their sponsors. GT-Wing attract alot of attention, it is one of those "Hey, Look at me" type of wing.

However, GT-Wing does look a bit out of place if you are stuck in traffic in front of a stop light next to a Ford Focus in the middle of London. But then the GT-Wing also look very good, especially a big size 3D one.

So thats where I am juggling myself between.

By the way, The GTR looks VERY TOUGH with just a lip on the boot. But then it is really more suited for Drag car type of look (function above form). Having a full body kit automaticlly took me out of that category.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Mine has quite an unusual kit on it - deeper front splitter and higher rear wing, with Nismo body kit - not to everyone's taste, but I like it :D

Sorry don't know who makes them, though...

Cheers :)

Rog

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Hi mate

Mine is a road car too.
I put the R34 spoiler on and am very, very happy with it.

My suggestion, for your application, would be R34, Do-Luck, or Veilside rear spoiler.
They are all great.

hope this helps

Ian

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Admiral: Your wing would definally be listed under the Big Wing, but Nothing on Two Leg Category. :D

Bajie: Yes, I have pictures of your car with the R34 wing (very nice by the way), just thought it look a bit small for my application because it will have a full body kit. But then it is a road car also, so don't know if something too big will look weird.

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think RK got one of those around £100, not sure, but around there...

The thing is ... and I am sorry, I think I am :eek: RICER :eek: at heart so I am going to go with something bigger. What that is for now I am not sure.

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Check SteveN and Pikey threads for their spoilers then.
Might be what you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts