GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought an aluminum wing that I'm thinking of installing. It's light, not ridiculously huge, and seems it will be quite functional. Currently, my car has the clean looking Nismo lip. I would like to hear any/all opinions. I am also leaning (if installed) to have it painted "saphire blue", with the rest of the car.
Your thoughts please.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Do you like it??

If so, do it :)

·
6,821 Posts
As someone said above, you have to like it!
But as you ask , I think the wing looks cheap in silver. Blue metalic and silver combos allways look like amusement park games.

I think if the wing would be entirely black it would look great.
In any case this is how a wing should look on a blue sports car:

·
Banned
907 Posts
If you need the downfoece fit the wing.
If you like stealthy looks good fuel economy don't even have the Nismo lip.
I just removed the 'spoiler' from my 4 door sedan, I like it without being spoiled....

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts

Nope, sorry, now that spolier looks cheap & shite on that R34. The black looks yik/poo with blue & the spoilers style looks like half a round coffee table :( :puke:
So many better styles of rear spolier to be had for these cars ...

ROADIE fella me lad, yes to the wing & no don't paint it.
Looks good as it does, clean & simple with the silver & blue :thumbsup:

Plus I invented putting these style spoilers on SKYLINES :chuckle:

kidding ...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have spent alot of time mulling over the pics, and if I install it I'm definitely going to trim the bottom of the side thingy's. I am changing the car to more of a track setup (old T88 out, gt4088r in) instead of a drag machine, which is why I bought the wing in the first place. But asthetically, I am a little borderline. What about an anodized color similar to the blue boost pipe in this pic ???

It will be slighlty different from the car when painted, but both will be much darker than it is now.... From the back, I think it looks great with the wing myself...
Thanks for the comments....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.