GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help,

Need some advice as am coming across clearance probs after fitting a tripple plate Giken clutch to my 32. Cant engage gears when engine is turning over but can when its off.
Been advised to file down nose cone which the release bearing sits over, bend the leaver that comes of the release bearing slightly, adjust clutch master cylender.
Any ideas would be much appreciated, I will be out all day 2moz but my mate will be working on the car so if anyone comes up with anything after 7 2moz morning feel free to give me a bell on me moby... 07773376968

Help

Luke

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have not looked at a giken clutch in pieces , but my tilton has to have the plates installed the correct way , or else it will not disengage like what happened to the previous owner. how much pedal free play do you have ? have you got the correct thrust bearing?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou

Cheers to Keith, Neil, Brenham and everyone else that offered suggestions, the problem has now been sorted.
My mate tried a couple of things that didn't work but what did was extending the length of the rod on the slave cylender.
The clutch feels no where near as bad as i'd expected, the AP paddle on my sunny is far worse.
Now ive just got to run up some miles so I can fill up again and see if my other problem dissappears (filled up with SUL and stuck a bottle of Wynn's octane booster in and it's ran like a bag of poop since)

Cheers again

Luke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts