GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife is fairly insistant we should get a caravan and use the GTR as the tow car.

However, I've never seen a R32 with a towbar. I've seen a R33 with one but cos the fuel tank's are different, the R33 is an easier job.

Has anyone seen, got pics etc of a R32 with a towbar??

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm pretty sure there was sumbody on here with an R32 GTR that has a towbar on it. I remember the picture of an orange nova on a trailer on the back of the skyline.

I know not much help.. but it can be done.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You will drive your R32 like a newborn baby if you get a towbar!! I dont want to see the back end torn up if the caravan topples!!

Just watching Top Gear worries me for you sake! :p

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I'm sure he realises that he would need keep it off boost!!

Why not buy the wife [and you] a VW camper/Winnebago instead - Much cooler than a caravan IMO :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
yo

Andi mine has a t bar self made. rite ball ache, lol, but when i unbolt the tow bowl.. nuts welded on the back,, & fold the reg plate back down you cant tell its there, cool or what, cheers. D

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
OMG, your kidding right :eek: :eek: !!
I would think it would be far easier to pick up a cheap, dedicated towing car for all the extra strain thas going to be put on the GTR with respect to the 4WD system and the clutch. I mean, to put it into perspective, you could probably buy a Mondeo (or similar) tow car for the price of a clutch for the GTR.
Obviously the wife (like mine) is a bit ignorant on all things GTR, including cost of replacement parts etc LOL

TT

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Just tell her it is a big risk because of the fuel tank position and is NOT allowed - better to bullsh*t her then be seen towing a caravan with a GT-R :chairshot .

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Dont quote me on this but i think Cord from RB motorsport fitted one...?

Rob

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
R32 Combat said:
The wife is fairly insistant we should get a caravan and use the GTR as the tow car.
:chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, yes Jeff, thats the wife beating ME.

My Vula estate has a towbar, but its a TD and its sooooo slow without towing anything. A caravan would make it a nightmare.

Maybe I should put the T51r on the vula and see if she picks up a little quicker.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
D.I.V.O.R.C.E, you notice how she only suggests this after you married her! It's the slippery slope dude, make a stand now before it's too late :D
Come to think of it, what the hell do you want with a caravan anyway!!!!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Martin

Hope all is well.

We've decided that going aboard on hols is expensive and not for us, to good old UK hols are the way to go. Campings too much hastle, to good old caravaning seems like a logical answer. Plus I could try and break the towing record with it...:) :) :)

It would be nice to go to the jap meets and stay in a caravan NOT a tent.

People do slate them, but only cos they drive soooo slow, not really an issue with a GTR..:squintdan :squintdan

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, thats parked up. I've got a new quiet exhaust waiting to go on plus a few other parts.

My avitar is more work related.:)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Clarkson's Top Gear article on Caravaning may have been a bit scripted but the other campers were real :eek:

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought it was the usual topgear OTT nonesense. I think the crash in the garage was for real though.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good old no nonesense James May.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL, classy. Reminds me of our dog..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts