GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking around to buy the kit as a hole, but ive found most places sell the hard pipe kits seperate, what would people recommend, leave the stock intercooler & just replace the piping? im only looking to run 400hp or 450hp max as i us the car everyday & want to run safe boost levels (1-1.2bar on re-built tubs) would a noz kit for the stock intercooler help to reduce heat build up of the turbos at high revs? thanks for looking

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice thanks jay, could do with spending the money on some other mods, how effective are the noz kits for the intercooler? or are they a waist of money, ive not seen many people us them as yet, but if anyone here has with good results ill be interested to know. thanks

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
nice thanks jay, could do with spending the money on some other mods, how effective are the noz kits for the intercooler? or are they a waist of money, ive not seen many people us them as yet, but if anyone here has with good results ill be interested to know. thanks
As Jay said, the standard intercooler will more than suffice at the power levels you're aiming for. Why do you want to waste money spraying it with nitrous oxide? :confused:

A hard pipe kit wouldn't be a bad idea though - the intercooler pipes have a tendancy to blow off.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like i said im looking to run safe high boost levels around 400hp which gives me a good balance for road use , but even at this level of tuning i want to minimise heat increase of manifold & turbos especially in the summer, hence intercooler noz kits, to increase to cooling process after being sat in traffic not for power gain

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Hi mate

I'm looking the same as you.
Got the hard pipe kit already and car is now being mapped for 1.2 bar.

You don't need to upgrade the intercooler but I will be having ongoing discussions as to how the car will behave in summer as I will be driving the car most days.
Question is, how efficient is the standard intercooler when driving enthusiastically [eg trackdays/autobahn runs] when its a nice hot summers day.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi bajie, this is the reason why im toying with the idea of noz kits, my gtr didnt run to well this summer, lack of boost, oil temp 110, traffics a bitch, not a good year, car goes to abbey on tues for a new boost controler & re-tune, but need to get some more info on these kits to see if they will do the job for next year, im not gunna buy a bigger intercooler until im over the 500hp, money needs to stretch till then, 2yrs maybe

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
I'm not clued up at all on nos but after [or while] being mapped/tuned why not go for an oil cooler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
even though the stock intercooler is fine for upwards of 400+ horses it would b a good idea to upgrade to a larger FMIC which would recieve a better airflow and lower intake temps ALOT more than a tsock intercooler would ever hope to, this option may be cheaper in the longrun as well with having to pay for refilling of nos bottle.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any on off switchs on oil coolers?, we have a long spell of cold wheather, dont really want the oil temp to low for 5 months, could degrade the oil much faster, but then this is only my out look on it as i use the car 24/7 & just fancied giving it a go, thats why im on here to find out as much info as i can, Zao does have a point about the refills though, but just thought a slight increase of power with the noz kit in the summer makes up for what you loose though manifold temps rising, could stand to be corrected though.

·
Registered
907 Posts
as zao_says go for a better FMIC and you wont need the noz, and anyways why NOZ¿ just stick to something very prooven and MUCH cheaper than a bottle, just try water injection.
What you shold do is look at the tried and tested on gtrs and most cars are ok just with a intecooler and piping.

on-off switch for oil coolers?
its called a thermostat, it opens when oil is too hot, to keep a steady temperature.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for that hpt, didnt realise they had thermostats, thought they were just free flow, hence the slight sarcasm... CORRECTED lol cheers guys for all your help

·
Registered
5 Posts
No worries callum we're all here to help each other out so we don't make stupid mistakes, better to ask questions first than to blow ur hard earned $$$

1 - 15 of 15 Posts