GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Currently trying to resolve issues with the fuel pressure to be able to release a few more horses safely....

Does anyone know if the std r32GTR fuel lines are capable of flowing enough fuel for 650hp with no probs ? I was told by someone on here that they are smaller than the R33/4 GTR lines and could be an issue ?

If they are good for 650bhp then i need to look at uprating the fuel pump system instead of adding braided hosing all the way from the tank ? I am seeing drops in fuel pressure at high revs and boost if i go above 600hp

The fuel pump i have should be (tomei) should be rated to 650hp (280ltr/p/h) so im not sure if the pump is worn out or the lines are causing the drop...

Many thanks for your input,

Pete

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think i've read on here that the 32 is ok for about 500 on stock fuel lines but dont quote me. Worth a search I reckon as it has been covered.

Tony

·
Registered
646 Posts
Pete, yes, general consensus is that stock 32 fuel lines are too restrictive for 500whp region+,
You may also be experiencing pressure drop due to voltage drop to pump due to old wiring.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I currently run a tomei 280lph fuel pump and that should be fine to pump enough fuel, so it looks like the issue could well be voltage drop as the fuel press jumps up and down (between 3.5 and 5 bar at full boost at high rpm)

i would have thought that if the lines are restricting it then the fuel pressure drop would be smoother and not jump up and down from 3.5 and 5 bar so much, so my first test should be the voltage i think...

does any1 know how can i check the voltage to the pump easily and what needs to be done to resolve that if it is the probem ??

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
does any1 know how can i check the voltage to the pump easily and what needs to be done to resolve that if it is the probem ??
R32. In the trunk. right hand side. Under the carpet. There is a small cover with 4 phillips head 10mms on it. take it off. Under there is the top of tank. Two wire connector is fuel pump voltage. Probe that connector. Thats your fuel pump voltage.

There is a quietening circuit in GT-R's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts