GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
it looks like he was putting a slite show on with a bit of oversteer then didnt see the fish tail and coudnt counteract. GTR's keep you on your toes.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Can people stop crashing 32s please. :bawling:

Seen the pics on here somewhere before but not the vid. At least it wasn't a high speed one, and I assume the driver walked away.

I hate seeing Skylines stoved in. :(

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Yeah that's redsub, he has posted on another thread on here - gutted for him lovely motor too :(.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
same thing happent to me at 45KM/H and it was not intended for the rear to come out, but there was alot of roadwork therefore dirt and sand on the tyres, after i see the clip i hear he lets go of the gas, just after the rear turns to the other side and thats where you shit your pants. Thinking if he kept the gas on it would straighten up again ? well my car only got minor damage as i managed to brake it down to 10KM/H. But god damn ****ed at myself, because i have always driven carefully and dont drive like "you know who".

correct me if im wrong here, but what happen in the video is the 4WD going active / gas pedal.

As the rear end lose grip the 4wd kicks in and starts to pull the car to straighten it out ( will be active til the rear wheels have grip again) the error is : at the point where the rear is almost back to straight line he lets go of the gas to shift gear or what ever, that results in engine braking the the front wheels (rear have no grip) that would result in a reversed force on the lose rear end so instead of pulling it pushes the rear end that makes the rear end turn to the other side and he panics and brakes = bang bang cry.

If he would have keept the gas on would have saved the car as it would straighten up or am i wrong ?

regards
Jan

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I agree... I think the same as you mate, as I'm going round a bend or roundabout I'm thinking about the back end sliping out, how much grip I likley to have, dry,wet etc while I'm doing that, usally getting nattering in my ear from the passenger lol

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
hit the gas to save yourself...definitely the best chance out of a lot of situations (and the only way to drive an air-cooled 911 :p), but it is very counter-intuitive, even to a seasoned driver.

The rear came out so fast and so dramatically that I'm really not sure I could have, in that situation, kept my head on straight and throttle-steered, or alternatively, turn with the spin and go all the way around. A lack of space there is definitely a contributing factor.

·
Registered
662 Posts
thats a perfect example of a skyline biteing your ass :)
with a good competition spec lsd it wouldnt have snapped back so quickly

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yea it's strange to see it this way again.
I think it's some off 2 things I lift the trottle just a little and
the drainage that's on the track.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
It is very sad but looks like it was completely his own fault
"trying to drift on a wet track with semi slick tyres"

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
mmmm, personally i would have pressed clutch to prevent engine braking and also to allow all 4 wheels to find there own speed i.e not sliding or skidding then gently eased it back on course but you can only do this whilst you still have that little bit of control, once you have lost it the is very little you can do, even powering out wont help unless the front wheel have enough grip to flick the car back when the 4wd kicks in. very doubtfull though.
we all learn by our mistakes and that will be one good lesson what not to do, so sorry he crashed car though, was a minter looking at other photos, hope he gets it sorted soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts