GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
While that sucks balls and I really feel for the guy - shouldn’t someone at least be checking the car over on his behalf first?

·
Registered
26,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what the video it explains it

the seller was just punting him off with a turd. They knew full well what they had.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This guy also made a video titled "I bought the cheapest R32 GTR from Japan". I wonder if there's some sort of correlation between that video and the one above? (I haven't watched either).

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
did he actually state what he paid?

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
what the video it explains it

the seller was just punting him off with a turd. They knew full well what they had.
I know that, my point is a seller would always try to sell a car, no matter the condition - who in their right mind takes the word of a car salesman?

Pity he wasn’t able to have someone look over it first.

·
Registered
BCNR33 v-spec Zenki
125 Posts
Damn that hit me in the feels, that's a hard lesson learned. But I learned from early on you don't buy something that has value like a vehicle unless you can physically touch it first, you can't buy trust...
I live about 12hrs away from this guy's shop, I may buy some things to help out a little.

·
Super Moderator
16,018 Posts
Didn't even look at the common R32 rust spots on the video, rookie error!

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )...
151 Posts
That was the reason I had my brother in law in Japan check out both the R32 and R34 before I paid the King's ransom for them. Him being japanese made a world of difference on going over every inch of the Skylines. I seen too many people being taken for a ride when not being able to inspect the cars in person!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Whilst I feel sorry for this chap, taking the word of some random car dealer on the other side of the world is just plain naive. He took a gamble and it didn't pay off, that's life.

·
Registered
26,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think 99% of those buying imported cars are taking the word of car dealers without seeing the car (sadly) even re-sellers etc

·
Super Moderator
16,018 Posts
In fairness he didn't get the seller to look underneath even, so if anyone stood there and just looked at the car from 6ft like he did a lot of people would describe it that way. Maybe seller was also clueless? They've all got issues (unless you've got Matty's car LOL) but they're fixable, you just need to pay accordingly. 30 year old cars at the end of the day!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
6,633 Posts
There was plenty of that going on in the UK too during the jap import boom.
None of the cars had had an opportunity to rot that bad in the 90's/00's.

That video is shocking 😲, but what do you except when you buy a car thousands of miles away without seeing it or proper checks.

Poor fella. :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
They might not have rusted but there was plenty of importers and exporters selling accident damaged junk back in the day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts