GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a Skyline virgin and would like some help with an R33 I have seen. Its a blue one being sold by a dealer in Slough. Seems to have had lots of work done on it (wheels, exhaust, induction kit, cams, dump valve, boost controller, suspension, Nizmo kit etc etc - most of which I didn't understand!). However, there is no service history (done only 18K km's) and no invoices for any of the work which the owner thinks was done at Hi teq. The registration plate of the car is P172 PVR. Has anyone come across this car or have any comments?

Does anyone have an R33 for sale? preferably black, purple or light silver.

thanks in advance.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Fred

Guy had his Le Mans Ltd Edition with some good mods and full history up for sale. I'm sure its in the for sale and wanted thread.

Guy Ratcliffe yes its the last one on the first page. I viewed the car and its very good indeed!

...Ian

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Ian.

Looks like you have seen the car. Any reason why you didn't buy it? or are you just familiar with it?

I have sent an email to Guy, so hopefully I can arrange a viewing.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Guys car.

No, no real reason why i didn't buy it actually, I didn't have a reason and wondered to myself when I saw it again at the Dyno day.

His car has a pair of steel turbo just waiting for that big BHP upgrade!

Good car , limited edtion with Carbon fibre bits, well know within the GTR club.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone who replied to this message. I have now bought an R33 Vspec.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
FRED -IT'S A DOG!!

Fred
I looked at this car too. It is the one with the Lexus 18 inch wheels and in a blue colour yeah? Being sold by an irish trader!! It looks the part but turst me it aint!
Well I took the car out and it is boosting all over the place for starters. Apparently he lent it to a mate who played with the controller and never the same since. One sec it was 1.2 bar then next 0.7 bar. Then the HKS unit scrambled and wouldn't let the car boost over 0.5 bar.
I spoke to Mark at Abbey about it and he confimred my worries. He remembers the car and it is not what it seems.
Also the guy was selling it as a V Spec when clearly it is not. It has no cooling vents on the rear diff so it aint a V spec. You should have seen his face when I looked under the car and told him.
He also said it had an uprated cooler when clearlt it didn't
450 BHP my Ass!!
I was most disappointed with him and the car. A real shyster. I coul dhave slapped him for wasting my time.
Darren goode has a mint silver skyline for sale and with a few mods ie stage 1.
Let me know if you need number.
Nick.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that!

It does look the biz, but I am not a techy expert so I could not assess its quality. I would have left that for Abbey. The history, or lack of put me off. I tried to contact the original owner up in Hale, but could not get her number. I have family up there and my brother in law went to the address and it turned out to be a shop which was closed on Saturday. He asked a couple of adjoining shops who said they did not know what the guy did, but they thought it was dodgy! Coupled with a dodgy dealer, I walked away! Really pleased I did now. Do you think the car might have been nicked or a write off previously? Because the dealer was adamant that Abbey could put all the boosting problems right.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
So do you have one?

So Fred have you bought another one or was that the one you sort of were going to buy and your still on the look out?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
not sure..

about it really fred. I didn't like him full stop. I got the vin plate checked and it didn't add up.
At least it wasn't the 34 plate that was going around which ended up on 10 chassis!
Glad you walked away as I did. He wanted top money for a rough car. Wouldn't mind the dials and boost controller though!!
:D
I don' think it was nicked but it didn't "feel" right. Plus it was up as a vSpec and it wasn't. Plus the set belts were 95 labelled and he said it was a 96 car. mmmmm.
So what have you got in the end?? I have gone for a mint purple, 96 car, 19 k miles (genuine) and it was owned by a porsche collector. Done 1000 miles in last 18 months!!! Middlehurst chip, Nismo RS clucth and replacement HKS panel filter. Mostly clean and unmolested.
The guy had a 911 RUF CTR which he took me out in. 690 BHP at 1.2 bar. It could boost to 1.4 bar but it was a bit damp in the morning and I declined. Talk about fast!! It was still spinning in 4th at 150 mph!!

Nick.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
MINT R33 GTR

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND GO AND BUY THAT M PLATE
CAR WITH THE 18" BBS WHEELS ON IT,THAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT. AS I SAID THE GUYS
NAME IS STEVE THIS CAR IS VERY GOOD FOR THE MONEY AND IN LONDON AND NEVER BEEN F-CKED WITH. £17000
MARK AT ABBEY WILL BACK THIS UP

IT CAN BE SEEN ON ABBEY MOTORSPORT WEB PAGE.

KEITH

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nick how much did you pay?

I got an R plate Vspec, 26K miles, with exhaust, Middlehurst chip and an exhaust system in the end - very clean example (I think!).

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think thats at least 2 exhausts! I meant air induction kit, exhaust and chip!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Dodgy Blue R33

That dodgy blue R33 sounds suspiciously like the one I test drove a year ago from City cars. 8k on the clock, wanted £23k for it. It certainly looked the part, had all the kit, plus big wheels (275 tyres on 18's) etc. Were the Gauges and boost controller in the glove box? It blew a piston on the test drive. It had obviously been hammered on overboost. Abbey reckoned it had also been in a shunt. The guy offered to do all engine repairs and let me have it for £19k.
I walked away. Ended up with a mint midnight purple v-spec.

Lucky escape....

Regards
Vincenzo

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
spot on Vinnie

that was the baby with all the kit in the glove box.
Am glad I walked away from that as I definately smelled a rat. And the bloke smelled like a rat too!
I have now got the purple one that was for sale on the web and am well pleased with it. Very low mileage and well looked after. Glad I went for this one.
See you all on saturday.

Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts